Importing Excel glossary into Multiterm 6.2 (new version)
Thread poster: Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:08
German to English
Oct 6, 2004

Hi!
So I finally upgraded to Trados 6.5 and changed my Multiterm to the new version. Actually I had the same problem with 5.5 but decided to keep the old version of Multiterm to "solve" it. But now I can't avoid the issue any longer ...

I want to convert a 2-column glossary into the new Multiterm format. How do I do that? I have created the new termbase but I'm lost when it comes to importing.
Thanks
Gillian

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:08
English to German
+ ...
MultiTerm Convert Oct 6, 2004

Hi Gillian,
The conversion process using MT Convert yields two files: the termbase definition (.xdt) and the import file (.xml). The first step is to create the termbase (preferably using the .xdt file created during the conversion process), then you can import the .xml file.

HTH, Ralf

Gillian Searl
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
MT convert? Oct 6, 2004

Hi Ralf, I know you're the whizz on this.
Where do I start? Where's MT convert?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:08
English to German
+ ...
Part of MT 6.2 Oct 6, 2004

Hi again,
I'm assuming that you're using the latest version of MTiX, but to be on the safe side, it's always a good idea to include your full version number (including the build number) when posting a query (Help - About MultiTerm).

Where do I start? Where's MT convert?

MT Convert has been part of the MTiX installation since build 267 (version 6.2.0.267) released in summer 2003. Assuming you used the default installation options, MT Convert is in Start - Programs - TRADOS - MultiTerm. You should also find a user manual there (in the Documentation group); the conversion workflow is described, in detail, in chapter 3.

HTH, Ralf

Gillian Searl
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf Oct 6, 2004

I got there eventutally - with your help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing Excel glossary into Multiterm 6.2 (new version)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »