Maria Teijido  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:29
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 10, 2004

Hi,

Does anyone know if Multiterm allows you to save terms into the termbase automatically as you translate? Or can terms only be added manually and importing existing glossaries? Also, what formats can these glossaries be on apart from xml?

Thanks

[Edited at 2004-10-10 19:50]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-11 00:40]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No automatic entry Oct 11, 2004

Hi Maria,
There's no automatic capture of terms (and frankly, I'm not sure whether I'd want that...).

You did not specify your MultiTerm version - MTiX (version 6.2.x) includes a Word macro that lets you add terms 'on the fly': if you highlight the source term, this will be copied automatically, leaving you to enter the target term.

HTH, Ralf

Maria Teijido
Maria Teijido  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm Oct 11, 2004

Thanks Ralph,

As soon as I posted it I relised it was a bit of a silly question, but I couldn´t delete it completely. My multiterm version is an earlier one so I can´t add "on the fly".. I´ll just have to spend some time adding glossaries and entries..
I´ll have a look at the tutorials or rest of the forum messages for glossary formats. Thanks a lot

Maria

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No silly questions... Oct 11, 2004

...chances are that someone else will be in the same situation.

My multiterm version is an earlier one so I can´t add "on the fly".. I´ll just have to spend some time adding glossaries and entries..

Not necessarily.
There's a macro for MT 5.x that works in a similar way, but doesn't automatically store the entries you create. What it does instead is to create an import file in MT5.x default import format. Contact me through my profile if you'd like me to send it to you.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm - automatic term capture?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »