moya
moya  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:28
French to English
+ ...
Oct 12, 2004

Dear all,
Does anyone know if it is possible to clean a translation from trados error issues? Or just take out all the trados from the text?
This is quite urgent.
thanks all.
moya

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-12 17:25]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-12 17:51]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:28
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What do you mean with "Trados issues" in the text? Oct 12, 2004

What do you want to remove?
Please be more specific, as a doctor I can't heal you, if you only say I have pain in my body...

Regards
Jerzy

moya
moya  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sorry for not being clear Oct 12, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

What do you want to remove?
Please be more specific, as a doctor I can't heal you, if you only say I have pain in my body...

Regards
Jerzy

I did this translation with trados, and shouldn't have done, but I didn't know this. Now, the formatting of the text comes up with unclean trados file with error code issues. I need t erase trados, if that's at all possible, but I also need to keep the original formatting and index codes of the original text. I don't know if this is any clearer.
moya

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
When it's really an emergency... Oct 12, 2004

Find and replace all hidden text with nothing in a copy of your document. Check the document.

Regards,
Gerard

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What the heck are "Trados error code issues"??? Oct 12, 2004

moya wrote:
I did this translation with trados, and shouldn't have done, but I didn't know this. Now, the formatting of the text comes up with unclean trados file with error code issues. I need t erase trados, if that's at all possible, but I also need to keep the original formatting and index codes of the original text. I don't know if this is any clearer.
moya

Do you refer to the hidden formatted text? Or to text delimeters? Or please what do you mean with error issues? Do you have a text with a lot of indexed fields or fields in general? Or do you only need to clean up the file?

If you have indexes or cross references, you should have used Trados bookmark handler prior to translating...

But once again - what kind of problem do you encounter?

For just cleaning the file use the Word macro tw4winClean.Main, accessible via ALT+F8.

Regards
Jerzy

moya
moya  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Gerard, Oct 12, 2004

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Find and replace all hidden text with nothing in a copy of your document. Check the document.

Regards,
Gerard

thanks again, all done, cheers ;o)
moya

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error question

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »