Modifying termbase entries using an XML Editor
Thread poster: Anmol
Anmol
Anmol
Local time: 15:38
Oct 15, 2004

Hello all:

I wanted to make a change to all termbase entries in a termbase to indicate the source of the entries. Doing this manually would entail editing entries one entry at a time!

Instead, I exported the termbase into an XML file, and want to edit it, then re-import into the termbase.

I found an XML editor (emacs) that can do the job. Now all I need is a DTD file that describes Trados Multiterm XML. Anyone know where I can find such an animal? Not av
... See more
Hello all:

I wanted to make a change to all termbase entries in a termbase to indicate the source of the entries. Doing this manually would entail editing entries one entry at a time!

Instead, I exported the termbase into an XML file, and want to edit it, then re-import into the termbase.

I found an XML editor (emacs) that can do the job. Now all I need is a DTD file that describes Trados Multiterm XML. Anyone know where I can find such an animal? Not available on the Multiterm distribution or on the Net.

Or does Multiterm use XML Schema and not DTDs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anil Gidwani
Collapse

lacota10
lacota10
English to German
MT XML Schema Oct 15, 2004

The XML Schema is available in the Doc subfolder of the MultiTerm installation folder and is called folder: xdr-schema.xsl

For doing global changes to MultiTerm XML files, I can also recommend EmEditor (www.emeditor.com). It's low-cost, fast and supports regular expressions.

[Edited at 2004-10-15 09:04]

Ulrich Roos (X)
Ulrich Roos (X)
Local time: 11:08
German
Actually the Schema is... Oct 15, 2004

lacota10 wrote:

The XML Schema is available in the Doc subfolder of the MultiTerm installation folder and is called folder: xdr-schema.xsl

The folder is absolutely correct but I recommend that you also have a look at
Code:

C:\Program Files\TRADOS\MTiX\MultiTerm\Doc\MTF-Schema.xml

It might also be a good idea to create on entry with all the desired information like source, export it and have a look the XML code.

Kind regards,

Ulrich

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Do you want to export a multiterm database? Oct 16, 2004

Anil Gidwani wrote:

Or does Multiterm use XML Schema and not DTDs?

Anil Gidwani

I do not think that is possible. Multiterm, as all dictionaries, have a good protected algorithm in order to avoid copies.

Rgds

Toledo

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you read the responses above? Oct 16, 2004

Hi Toledo,
I do not think that is possible. Multiterm, as all dictionaries, have a good protected algorithm in order to avoid copies.

Did you read the posts preceding yours? Have a look at the XML Schema - all the information you need is there.

Best regards,
Ralf

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Ups still sleeping ;-) Oct 16, 2004

I was thinking at certain dictionary (MT) that we try "to carve up" to paste into our MT, but it was not possible.

But that is not the subject

Sorry

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Toledo,

Did you read the posts preceding yours? Have a look at the XML Schema - all the information you need is there.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Modifying termbase entries using an XML Editor

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »