Bernadette Mora
Bernadette Mora  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 18, 2004

Hi everybody!

I have a problem with Trados. I have just finished a translation using Trados and when I go to Workbench > Analyse I can't choose the file because the upper part is not visible. And I can't move it because I can't access to it, either. But this doesn't happen to me when I clean up a file.
Any idea of what's going on?
Thanks for your comments.
Have a nice day/night
Bernadette

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-19 09:54]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Analyse after translation? Oct 18, 2004

Hi Bernadette,
Why would you want to analyse a file after translating it?
Which "upper part" is not visible?

Best, Ralf

Selçuk Budak
Selçuk Budak  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
Let me play dice Oct 18, 2004

Your question is not clear.

But I might guessed your problem correctly.

Preliminary note:
Trados saves histories for Analyse and Cleanup folders separately.

That is to say: When you select "analyse" from the Tools menu, it goes directly to the last folder where you made analysis for the last time.

When you select "cleanup" from the tools menu, it goes directly to the last folder where you cleaned up a document for the last time.
... See more
Your question is not clear.

But I might guessed your problem correctly.

Preliminary note:
Trados saves histories for Analyse and Cleanup folders separately.

That is to say: When you select "analyse" from the Tools menu, it goes directly to the last folder where you made analysis for the last time.

When you select "cleanup" from the tools menu, it goes directly to the last folder where you cleaned up a document for the last time.

In certain circumstances, these folder can be different.
For example, you might have conducted an analysis on a different document in a different folder.

Simply put, "Analyse" and "cleanup" directories may be different.

Therefore, I suggest you to act as follows:

1. Note the name of your file to analyse.
2. Search for the file in question ("Start, Search, For Files or Folders).
3. When you find the document, note its exact path (For example, "C:/xyzcustomer/translated/abc.doc"
4. Open Trados, select "Analyze," press "Add" button.
5. Using the navigation tools, locate the folder you noted at 3rd step.
6. Open that folder, and find and select the document in question
7. Press open.

That is it.

hih
Collapse

Bernadette Mora
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fuzzy matching Oct 19, 2004

Hi Selçuk and Ralf,

Maybe my question wasn't clear enough and I would highly appreciate you to correct me if I am wrong.
I finished a translation using Trados, now I want to perform the "Fuzzy matching" of this document (ckeck the new words, repetions, etc...).
I go to Analyze in Workbench but unfortunately I can't add the file because I can't press the "Add" button 'cause it is on the top and I can't see it. I've tried to move the whole thing but I can't either 'cause
... See more
Hi Selçuk and Ralf,

Maybe my question wasn't clear enough and I would highly appreciate you to correct me if I am wrong.
I finished a translation using Trados, now I want to perform the "Fuzzy matching" of this document (ckeck the new words, repetions, etc...).
I go to Analyze in Workbench but unfortunately I can't add the file because I can't press the "Add" button 'cause it is on the top and I can't see it. I've tried to move the whole thing but I can't either 'cause it's not visible.
Do you understand what I am trying to say?
However, yeasterday I cleaned up some files and I could press the "Add" button 'cause it was visible.
I know it can sound a bit strange but this does really happen to me.
Thanks for your help.
Hugs,
Bernadette
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Basically the same problem as in http://www.proz.com/topic/25759 Oct 19, 2004

The workaround I always use to move windows whose title bar is not visible is the following:
-In the dialog that causes the problem, press Alt+Space.
-Press Enter (this executes the "Move" menu action)
-Use the arrow keys to reposition the window and Enter again to end the movement.

Big advantage: This works immediately and you don't have to fiddle around with registry settings.

HTH,

Benjamin/tectranslate

Addendum: The steps d
... See more
The workaround I always use to move windows whose title bar is not visible is the following:
-In the dialog that causes the problem, press Alt+Space.
-Press Enter (this executes the "Move" menu action)
-Use the arrow keys to reposition the window and Enter again to end the movement.

Big advantage: This works immediately and you don't have to fiddle around with registry settings.

HTH,

Benjamin/tectranslate

Addendum: The steps described above only work with windows that do not have the "Resize", "Minimize" etc. actions (such as the "Analyse" window). For other windows, you might want to press the menu shortcut associated with "Move" instead of just hitting Enter. The menu shortcut depends on which localized version of Windows you are using (in German, it's "V").

[Edited at 2004-10-19 10:46]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Confusion of concepts Oct 19, 2004

Hi Bernadette,
I believe you're confusing a few concepts here.
To be able to better reconcile the workflow, may I suggest you have a look at the File Formats Reference Guide?

Analysing a document is done before translating. In simple terms, the idea is to find out how much of the file to be translated is already 'known' in your TM.

Fuzzy matching is the process that helps you find non-100% matches during translation.

I go to Analyze in Workbench but unfortunately I can't add the file because I can't press the "Add" button 'cause it is on the top and I can't see it. I've tried to move the whole thing but I can't either 'cause it's not visible.

Sounds like a Windows issue - the window you're trying to work on is only partially visible, so you don't see all elements. Use Benjamin's suggestion to reposition it.

HTH, Ralf

Bernadette Mora
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workbench:"Fuzzy matching" vs. "Analysis" - cannot see all buttons Oct 19, 2004

Hi everybody,

I followed Benjamin's steps (dialog > Alt + space > press enter)
and I tried to move it with the arrows but it doesn't work either. The arrows can't move the dialog because it seems to be stuck.
It so fishy!
Bernadette

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Need a screenshot Oct 19, 2004

Hi again,
I will contact you through your profile - unfortunately, it's impossible to identify the problem based on your description...

Ralf

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Increase Resolution Oct 19, 2004

Hello,

sometimes it helps to increase the resolution of Windows.
Sometimes the missing parts of your window will appear.

With kind regards

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench: "Fuzzy matching" vs. "Analysis" - cannot see all buttons

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »