Trados TeamWorks
Thread poster: Cecilia Falk
Cecilia Falk
Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:18
English to Swedish
Oct 20, 2004

Hello,
Has anybody used Trados TeamWorks? Any information is useful!
Best regards,
Cecilia Falk

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I don't... Oct 20, 2004

... but the company I work for is looking into buying it. It's humongously expensive But it offer SO MUCH in regards to project management!

I'm anxiously waiting for others to reply to your topic, I'm of course very interested

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
only with TM-Server Oct 20, 2004

Hello,

i think it only works with the TM Server, which is unpayable.

Hans

avsie (X)
English to French
+ ...
It's really unaffordable Oct 20, 2004

DSC wrote:
i think it only works with the TM Server, which is unpayable.

The TM Server is included into the TeamWorks solution, amongst other features (like the MultiTerm Server).

If you think the TM Server is already unaffordable, multiply this price by 10, and you end up with the price of TeamWorks, the first-year investment only...........

[Edited at 2004-10-20 17:48]

Hendrika Twellaar
Hendrika Twellaar
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Cost of TeamWorks Nov 5, 2004

I am really interested in the actual price for TeamWorks. Can anybody help me?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not a freelance solution Nov 5, 2004

Hi Hendrika,
I am really interested in the actual price for TeamWorks. Can anybody help me?

There's no straightforward answer to that question. As Hans pointed out, TeamWorks requires the TM Server environment which, in turn, comes in different packages and with different pricing models. The minimum investment required is definitely a five-figure sum (and we're not talking 10k, I'm afraid).

HTH, Ralf

hopetoun
hopetoun
English to German
Yes, since March - so so Nov 15, 2004

Cecilia Falk wrote:

Hello,
Has anybody used Trados TeamWorks? Any information is useful!
Best regards,
Cecilia Falk

Hi Cecilia,

my localization department has been using Teamworks since Summer 2004. I am not overwhelmed: it has its advantages and the concept as such is good, but there is quite a bit left to be desired in terms of userfriendliness. Also there are some technical software errors that can be a pain for the end user, hope trados mends those soon. I dont know the actual price and I probably wouldnt disclose it without permission anyway, but it was what managers call "a substantial investment". The price of course depends on the exact configuration you order, but Id say you can expect a rocking 5 digit figure in Euro.

Regards
Tom

Cecilia Falk
Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for all the comments Nov 15, 2004

My own investigations since I posted this question has lead me to the conclusion, which is also more or less confirmed in the above answers, that the product TeamWorks is a *major* investment for a translation bureau or end client, which offers a streamlined processing of multiple files and file formats at the client end.
At the other end the translator does not seem to benefit very much: the workflow is unflexible and for example requires that a project downloaded to a translator's compu
... See more
My own investigations since I posted this question has lead me to the conclusion, which is also more or less confirmed in the above answers, that the product TeamWorks is a *major* investment for a translation bureau or end client, which offers a streamlined processing of multiple files and file formats at the client end.
At the other end the translator does not seem to benefit very much: the workflow is unflexible and for example requires that a project downloaded to a translator's computer also has to be uploaded from the exact same computer. One function is the possibility (or the negative form of this word;-) to have the translators working against an online TM in real time.
The system also has an automatic system for letting the translators know there is work to collect, which can omit the important personal communication between client and translator.
As far as I have been able to establish only a handful of companies has so far invested in this tool, but this is of course only my personal impression.
If anybody has anything more to add to this thread, I am still interested in learning more.

Best regards,
Cecilia
Collapse

avsie (X)
English to French
+ ...
5 figures? Nov 19, 2004

Try 6 figures! And that's only the 1st year investment! (And I'm not talking about 100K here either...)

Or at least, that's the quote my employer received from Trados

TeamWorks is not for freelancers, it has no use for them. But for agencies or offices who deal with in-house translators, agencies and other sources, it's a great project managem
... See more
Try 6 figures! And that's only the 1st year investment! (And I'm not talking about 100K here either...)

Or at least, that's the quote my employer received from Trados

TeamWorks is not for freelancers, it has no use for them. But for agencies or offices who deal with in-house translators, agencies and other sources, it's a great project management tool.

We should actually implement the whole thing in the next couple of months...

[Edited at 2004-11-19 09:20]

[Edited at 2004-11-19 09:22]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados TeamWorks

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »