Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 06:36
German to Romanian
+ ...
Oct 21, 2004

From what I've seen, I can only edit text in TagEditor if the TU is open.
Now I have two instances with some text froma picture, probably translated from German into English. The text on the drawing says "1. Heater" and "2. Heater", which in German would mean "First heater" and "Second heater".
When I try to open the TU, it only takes over the text "Heater" and not the numbers. In Word I usually solved this by deleting the dot and then reopening the entire text, but now I can't do th
... See more
From what I've seen, I can only edit text in TagEditor if the TU is open.
Now I have two instances with some text froma picture, probably translated from German into English. The text on the drawing says "1. Heater" and "2. Heater", which in German would mean "First heater" and "Second heater".
When I try to open the TU, it only takes over the text "Heater" and not the numbers. In Word I usually solved this by deleting the dot and then reopening the entire text, but now I can't do this, as I can't edit text outside the TU. Is there anything I can do, or was the English text like this, because the English translator couldn't solve the problem either? (I have to deliver TTX files, so I can't do that afterwards).
Thanks for any hints.
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Remove document protection Oct 21, 2004

Hello,

in the options you can disable the document prtection and the edit outside of a tu.

Regards

Hans

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Hans Oct 21, 2004

That worked. Didn't think of looking there.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Manually editing text in TagEditor

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »