trados tool bar disappears in WORD
Thread poster: roak
roak
roak
United States
German to English
Oct 27, 2004

I possess the TRADOS 6.5 package and use it fairly regularly. Just an hour back I encountered a wierd problem. The trados tool bar in MS WORD all of a sudden disappeared. Moreover in the list of toolbars under View in the main menu, the option TRADOS toolbar is also absent. However the option Multiterm is still there. I could see this toolbar earlier in Word but after opening a memory and using the function TRANSLATE in Trados, the WORD application closed down and on reopening WORD, this tool ba... See more
I possess the TRADOS 6.5 package and use it fairly regularly. Just an hour back I encountered a wierd problem. The trados tool bar in MS WORD all of a sudden disappeared. Moreover in the list of toolbars under View in the main menu, the option TRADOS toolbar is also absent. However the option Multiterm is still there. I could see this toolbar earlier in Word but after opening a memory and using the function TRANSLATE in Trados, the WORD application closed down and on reopening WORD, this tool bar was absent. How do I recover this? Some quick assistance please??Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:41
English to German
+ ...
Search the forums, and the Trados KB Oct 27, 2004

Hi roak,
This issue has been discussed before - simply enter "taskbar" into the Search window on the left-hand side. Use "toolbar" or "toolbar missing" when searching the Trados Knowledge Base.

HTH, Ralf

roak
roak
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Let me try< that straightaway! Oct 27, 2004

Thanks for the quick assistance. Will get back.
Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi roak,
This issue has been discussed before - simply enter "taskbar" into the Search window on the left-hand side. Use "toolbar" or "toolbar missing" when searching the Trados Knowledge Base.

HTH, Ralf

roak
roak
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
solution Oct 27, 2004

Dear Ralf, I followed your suggestion, went to Trados KB and now I have the toolbar there. There was a TRADOS.dot file missing in the startup folder. Now on restarting WORD I do tsee the toolbar but it shows me message box right in the beginning saying that the macros have been deactivated. How do I go about this now Ralf? Tried looking in the WORD Help but didnt get the right one.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which Word version? Oct 27, 2004

Hi again,
Which Word version are you using? Difficult to answer without knowing the details...

Best, Ralf

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
Maybe your security settings are set to high Oct 27, 2004

In Word, there is an option to set the security level, and if your set that to high, macros are never activated. Maybe this is the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados tool bar disappears in WORD

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »