Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 07:40
German to Romanian
+ ...
Oct 29, 2004

I was wondering if it was possible to perform a spelling check in TagEditor.
If I select the Check Spelling option, nothing seems to happen. Do I need something special, to check the spelling (my target text is in Romanian, and I have something installed in Word for that).

bartek
bartek  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Open your Word Oct 29, 2004

Should do
T

Elvira Stoianov
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Bartek Oct 29, 2004

As I said, I was wondering about performing the check in TagEditor.
Doing the check in Word would be very tiresome, as my text has about 200 pages and it has lots of tags, which would prolong the process a lot.

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
suggestion Oct 29, 2004

The only thing I can come up with is the same Word spellchecking.
Though my text is not so large (only 100 pages) currently I perform spellchecking in Word.
In TagEditor: Select all-Copy-Paste in Word
As tag text has another color, I go to Edit-Find and replace and choose Find (More>Format>Font>Colour): text of ** colour and Replace: with spaces. As a result I have only the text that was translated and can run spellchecking for it.

Of course, it's not the way I'd l
... See more
The only thing I can come up with is the same Word spellchecking.
Though my text is not so large (only 100 pages) currently I perform spellchecking in Word.
In TagEditor: Select all-Copy-Paste in Word
As tag text has another color, I go to Edit-Find and replace and choose Find (More>Format>Font>Colour): text of ** colour and Replace: with spaces. As a result I have only the text that was translated and can run spellchecking for it.

Of course, it's not the way I'd like to do it, but I also failed to run spellchecking in TagEditor...

[Edited at 2004-10-29 11:17]
Collapse

Elvira Stoianov
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Natalya Oct 29, 2004

That sounds good, as my original files are in rtf format, which means I can get Word-compatible files from TagEditor. I didn't know Word could change text of a certain colour.

Alexa Dubreuil
Alexa Dubreuil  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:40
English to French
+ ...
Using MS Word to do a spell check in Tag Editor Oct 29, 2004

Hello Elvira,

You can do a spell check in Tag Editor without having to copy and paste the text in MS Word.

Just follow these instructions (that's how it works for me):

1) open MS Word

2) then open Tag Editor+workbench (it is important to open Word first, otherwise, at least on my computer, it doesn't work properly).

3) go in Tag Editor

4) click on Tools / Plug-ins: tick "spelling checkers" and select "Word spelling che
... See more
Hello Elvira,

You can do a spell check in Tag Editor without having to copy and paste the text in MS Word.

Just follow these instructions (that's how it works for me):

1) open MS Word

2) then open Tag Editor+workbench (it is important to open Word first, otherwise, at least on my computer, it doesn't work properly).

3) go in Tag Editor

4) click on Tools / Plug-ins: tick "spelling checkers" and select "Word spelling checker".

Now you can work on your document (in Tag Editor) and do the spell check by clicking on the "ABC" icon.

Cheers

Alexa

[Edited at 2004-10-29 11:33]

[Edited at 2004-10-29 11:34]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
That tip sounds interesting Oct 29, 2004

Hi Alexa, Thank you for this tip, if that is possible then one could possibly also integrate Duden Korrektor 2.0, as it is doing a better job compared with the built-in checker in Word.
Brandis

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Great minds! Oct 29, 2004

Alexa Dubreuil wrote:

4) click on Tools / Plug-ins: tick "spelling checkers" and select "Word spelling checker".

Now you can work on your document (in Tag Editor) and do the spell check by clicking on the "ABC" icon.

That's just what I was going to suggest.

Alison

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Problem with third party spellcheckers Nov 1, 2004

Hello,

TagEditor can use the spell checking in Word >= Word 2000.

Maybe it can be problematic, if there are third party spellcheckers, which has different structure than the original word spellchecker files.

With kind regards

Hans

Elvira Stoianov
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have tried in TagEditor Nov 1, 2004

But apparently it does not display special characters. I think I'll do it in word, after all, as I hope there shouldn't be any spelling errors (or only a few).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellchecking in TagEditor (6.5.2.417)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »