C. Heljestrand
C. Heljestrand  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:58
Spanish to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 15, 2014

Hey,

Finally I managed to install the software (Trados 2007 with SP3, version 8.3) in my new computer with Windows 8 but it gives me a lot of problems.

I run Windows 8.0 and Office 2007 on my PC.

What I get is this “run-time error 4198” (and other run-time errors) when I hit the Set/Close/Open/Get button. In the beginning it was just a couple of times per job but for this job it was every 3rd segment or even more often. It happens more often with files
... See more
Hey,

Finally I managed to install the software (Trados 2007 with SP3, version 8.3) in my new computer with Windows 8 but it gives me a lot of problems.

I run Windows 8.0 and Office 2007 on my PC.

What I get is this “run-time error 4198” (and other run-time errors) when I hit the Set/Close/Open/Get button. In the beginning it was just a couple of times per job but for this job it was every 3rd segment or even more often. It happens more often with files with internal references (index), bullet points, numbers lists, etc.

The software doesn´t jump to the next segment but creates this sign -{ }-. Then I have to erase the sign, close the segment, open it again and then hit the Set/Close/Open/Get button again. Of course it´s impossible to work like this, it´s really time-wasting.

I contacted you before because my version 8.0 didn´t work at all, I couldn´t even install it. This slightly newer version (8.3) works but only just. And it seems to be highly dependant on the type of Word file.

Any suggestions? I´d be happy to fix it because I use (or used) Trados 2007 a lot (90% of my jobs, +300,000 words per year).

No problem with the Trados ribbon, it´s in place. How do you check this DOTM macro?

Operating system: Windows 8.0
Office: 2007
Trados: version 8.3

I have screen shots that I can send, please send a private message to: christer[at]catranslations.com

Thanks! / Christer
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:58
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Try office 2003 Jan 16, 2014

Hi Christer,

I am not an expert in this field, because I don't work with Windows 8 (Windows 7 desktop, XP laptop), but what I do know is that Trados 2007 has a "strange relationship" with Office 2007 (get stuck, doesn't clean).

Therefor I always convert my documents to Office 2003 when working with Trados 2007, maybe that helps.

Rob

ORSZAGH Technologies Ltd
ORSZAGH Technologies Ltd
Cyprus
Local time: 17:58
Czech to Slovak
+ ...
I have a solution for you Mar 20, 2020

open the .DOTM file and in the tw4winmain module, comment out or delete the below line:

tw4winBidiAlignment.Check CurrentParagraph

Viesturs Lacis
Viesturs Lacis  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 17:58
English to Latvian
You replied to a post that was made six years ago Mar 22, 2020

ORSZAGH Technologies wrote:

open the .DOTM file and in the tw4winmain module, comment out or delete the below line:

tw4winBidiAlignment.Check CurrentParagraph

I really hope nobody finds the original problem relevant in 2020, as every single piece of software mentioned (including Windows 8.0) has been retired for years by now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados 2007 in Windows 8

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »