LCW
LCW
United States
Local time: 18:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2004

Does anyone happen to be familiar with how to adjust Trados so that it can read an XML file created by Lectora? Lectora is a proprietary software used in the creation of Computer-Based Trainings and its XML files contain tags that Trados rejects, making translation of the files impossible.

Any help would be extremely appreciated!
Thank you,
Randall Stieghorst

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:40
English to German
+ ...
XML Schema or DTD required Nov 5, 2004

Hi Randall,
First of all, I have moved this to the Trados Support forum.

By their very nature, XML files are customised to the author's specification (simply speaking, the tags in an XML file are defined by the author) - hence, creating a default settings file is basically impossible.

To use TagEditor on any XML file, you will need to create a specific .ini file, using the DTD Settings Wizard on the basis of the DTD file or XML schema which the autho
... See more
Hi Randall,

By their very nature, XML files are customised to the author's specification (simply speaking, the tags in an XML file are defined by the author) - hence, creating a default settings file is basically impossible.

To use TagEditor on any XML file, you will need to create a specific .ini file, using the DTD Settings Wizard on the basis of the DTD file or XML schema which the author of the XML file should be able to provide.

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

LCW
LCW
United States
Local time: 18:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you... Nov 5, 2004

Thank you for the information...at least now I know what I need to ask for the client for!

Cheers,
Randall

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Randall,

To use TagEditor on any XML file, you will need to create a specific .ini file, using the DTD Settings Wizard on the basis of the DTD file or XML schema which the author of the XML file should be able to provide.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML file created by Lectora (for CBT)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »