How many for an upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5 ?
Thread poster: Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:40
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
Nov 6, 2004

I've bought Trados 5.5 (never used, dongle envelop still sealed) 2 years ago at a very expensive price. Some clients ask now for Trados 6.5, and nothing older. What can I do ? What is the price for upgrades ? The least I can say is that after 2 hours of research on the web, if TRADOS ever sells any upgrade, it's a real and true "state secret". Impossible to find any clue about that.
Thanks for any help
Catherine Guilliaumet

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check TranslationZone Nov 6, 2004

Hi Catherine,
Trados does indeed sell upgrades - and in fact, the price is openly displayed on TranslationZone; the upgrade is currently priced at EUR 261.

Note that I assume you're using the Freelance version.

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-11-06 21:07]

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thank you Ralf !! Nov 6, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Catherine,
Trados does indeed sell upgrades - and in fact, the price is openly displayed on TranslationZone; the upgrade is currently priced at EUR 261.

Note that I assume you're using the Freelance version.

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-11-06 21:07]

Dear Ralf,
Thanks a lot, but believe me, I've been trying to find a price (or even an URL) mentioning the price of an upgrade for now nearly 3 hours, and I found absolutely no clue.
It's why your response is so important for me.
Please note that I'm not "using" Freelance, I never used it all and all the package is still sealed in the envelop (dongle)/ box (CD and brochure).
Really appreciate your help
Have a nice night
Catherine

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Freelance vs. LSP Nov 6, 2004

Hi again,
Glad I could help - TranslationZone is a good starting point for any question about Trados Freelance (as well as LSP, but not for pricing regarding LSP licenses).

Please note that I'm not "using" Freelance, I never used it all and all the package is still sealed in the envelop (dongle)/ box (CD and brochure).

The purpose of my remark was to find out which version of Trados you had bought. I take it that's 5.5 Freelance.

Best,
Ralf

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
How much for an upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5 Nov 7, 2004

Thanks a lot Ralf and Jerzy !
Maybe I didn't find it myself because I was searching on the French Trados site, and I was not aware of the existence of Translation Zone.
Many thanks again
Have a nice Sunday
Catherine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many for an upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5 ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »