Thread poster: Marocas
Marocas
Marocas  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 08:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Nov 6, 2004

I was reading the Translator Group Buying and, as I am totally new to Trados, I am confused.

Both TRADOS 6.5.5 Freelance and Trados 6.5 are mentioned. Example:

“TRADOS 6.5 Freelance
Never translate the same sentence twice

The latest version of the flagship TRADOS translation memory tool, TRADOS 6.5.5 Freelance is the definitive productivity solution for freelancers.”

Are they two different versions or are they just the same? The s
... See more
I was reading the Translator Group Buying and, as I am totally new to Trados, I am confused.

Both TRADOS 6.5.5 Freelance and Trados 6.5 are mentioned. Example:

“TRADOS 6.5 Freelance
Never translate the same sentence twice

The latest version of the flagship TRADOS translation memory tool, TRADOS 6.5.5 Freelance is the definitive productivity solution for freelancers.”

Are they two different versions or are they just the same? The same thing happens with the TranslationZone page. The two versions are mentioned. I already wrote to TranslationZone, but so far I have not received an answer.

Another question about the group buying: price includes platinum membership for 6 months. I already have a platinum membership for 3 years, will these 6 months be added to my current membership?

TIA

Marocas
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:02
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Both are the same Nov 6, 2004

Trados 6.5 is the latest version, and 6.5.5 is the "lates evolution stage". This could be compared to service packs, issued by MS. Although the latest versin of Windows is the XP, there are a lot of modifications in the last Service Pack 2, making it almost a new operating system.

The improvement in 6.5.5 is IMO quite big...

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5.5 freelance and Trados 6.5

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »