Thread poster: Luca Vaccari
Luca Vaccari
Luca Vaccari  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:20
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
Feb 13, 2014

Me foolish, I had managed it before, but don't remember how, and accepting BeGlobal-query yesterday RESET all my customization (without asking)

Studio 2011:
I want a keyboard short that enables me to perform a concordance search in SOURCE language even if my cursor is placed in TARGET column, and without need to go up in the concordance window and select "search target" every time I search.
It should be an obvious command, because many people chose to copy source when no
... See more
Me foolish, I had managed it before, but don't remember how, and accepting BeGlobal-query yesterday RESET all my customization (without asking)

Studio 2011:
I want a keyboard short that enables me to perform a concordance search in SOURCE language even if my cursor is placed in TARGET column, and without need to go up in the concordance window and select "search target" every time I search.
It should be an obvious command, because many people chose to copy source when no match is found, but SDL developpers appearently do not think it's important.

There are Custom commands in Options/Keyboard shortcut, but no explanation about how to enter such a Custom command, not even in online-support.

Thank you in advance.
Luca
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It’s your lucky day... Feb 13, 2014

viking modena wrote:

It should be an obvious command, because many people chose to copy source when no match is found, but SDL developpers appearently do not think it's important.

... as I think the developers have managed to automagically place it into your software.

Concordance : F3
Source Concordance : Ctrl+F3
Target Concordance : Ctrl+Shift+F3

Regards

Paul

Luca Vaccari
Luca Vaccari  Identity Verified
Italy
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved, thank you Feb 13, 2014

Hi

You are right... I only looked in shortcuts under Concordance, but your clue was under Source Concordance.
I've now changed to Ctrl+numpad0, and it works, because .. it looks in source when I am in both target and source column.

So that was solved.
Ctrl-F3 would be much more "loading" on my right shoulder (and who manages to press ctrl-f3 with only left hand?)

Thank you
Luca

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 13:20
German to Turkish
+ ...
right ctrl key is a very important key :D Dec 5, 2018

Luca Vaccari wrote:

Ctrl-F3 would be much more "loading" on my right shoulder (and who manages to press ctrl-f3 with only left hand?)

And here I am pressing ctrl-f3 using only my left hand and using a not-so-nice language at the same time lol

Good that I came upon this post because it would take another 10 years until I discover the right ctrl key

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance search in both source/target

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »