Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:14
English to German
+ ...
Maintenance function Nov 11, 2004

Hi Natalia,
Use the Maintenance function.

If you tell us a bit more about what exactly you wish to do, it will be easier to guide you.

Best regards,
Ralf

Shang
Shang
China
Local time: 03:14
English to Chinese
Export it into txt file Nov 12, 2004

Hello Natalia,

You can export it into txt format:
choosing File -> Export -> OK, and open it with any text editor.

Edmund Shang

Doru Voin
Doru Voin  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 21:14
English to Romanian
+ ...
right Nov 12, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Natalia,
Use the Maintenance function.

That would be File/Maintenance/Begin Search. This displays the segments in your TM. The number of segments displayed is specified in the textbox Translation units processed at a time (for large TMs, specify larger values instead of the default "5"). You can then use the Filter, Find and replace functions as well.

Regards,
Doru Voin

Natalia Zudaire
Natalia Zudaire  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:14
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Nov 12, 2004

All the tips you gave me were very useful, and they are all useful for different things, so thank you very much!

Natalia

Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Follow-up question Nov 13, 2004

What's the best way to browse a TM and correct/delete faulty segments/pairs?
I received a huge translation memory from a customer as reference material. Parts of the TM have been aligned and unfortunately this has gone wrong in places.
I would like to be able to move around within the TM, cut, paste, & copy, etc. That must be a real nightmare in a TXT file.
Is there a better way?
Thnx,
-Mike-

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Export and reimport Nov 13, 2004

Mike Hodshon wrote:

What's the best way to browse a TM and correct/delete faulty segments/pairs?
I received a huge translation memory from a customer as reference material. Parts of the TM have been aligned and unfortunately this has gone wrong in places.
I would like to be able to move around within the TM, cut, paste, & copy, etc. That must be a real nightmare in a TXT file.
Is there a better way?
Thnx,
-Mike-

Hi Mike --

Download the SDLX trial version (fully functional), export your Trados TM into SDLX, clean it up in SDLX Maintain and reimport it via Workbench. That's what I do (I have licences for both Trados and SDLX). I would never do any extensive work on a TM in Trados.

If you need help with the details, start a new thread in the SDLX support.

Best,
Esther

Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Found it! Nov 13, 2004

@Esther: Thanks for the suggestion. SDLX does sound interesting -- but that's something for those long, dark winter nights. Oh, we have long dark winter nights! Oh well

I just found out that you can edit the segments directly in the Maintenance window. We live and learn...

http://www.proz.com/howto/103
"Editing
... See more
@Esther: Thanks for the suggestion. SDLX does sound interesting -- but that's something for those long, dark winter nights. Oh, we have long dark winter nights! Oh well

I just found out that you can edit the segments directly in the Maintenance window. We live and learn...

http://www.proz.com/howto/103
"Editing and deleting a translation unit
Perform a concordance check of the TU. In the concordance window, right click on the flag. You will choose between editing or deleting the TU."

BTW: this works in the Maintenance window, too.

-Mike-
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I browse the contents of a TM?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »