Word counts pages before opening new segment
Thread poster: Johanne
Johanne
Johanne
Local time: 08:52
English to German
+ ...
Nov 16, 2004

I am working with Word 2002 and Traods workbench 5.01.218 (build 218)
In some texts, Word counts the pages before Trados can open the next segment - does anybody know why? I prefer using the "Seitenlayout" (page layout??) view of Word. I just checked and it does not happen when I use "Normal". Nevertheless, this only happens with some texts, others are just fine.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Trados recommends using "Normal" view Nov 16, 2004

Hi!

This topic was raised at the Trados training session I attended a few years ago. I can't tell you why it happens in some docs and not others (I think it might always happen, but you just notice it more in longer docs). The official Trados recommendation was always to use the "Normal" view.

HTH

Alison

Johanne
Johanne
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 16, 2004

Thank you
I guess I will have to live with it (page count/normal) then...

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Background repagination Nov 16, 2004

Check if "Background repagination" (or something to this effect) is active in Tools > Option > Standard tab. Disabling it may do the trick.

HTH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word counts pages before opening new segment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »