Error message for opening .xsl file (Mod: Title corrected)
Thread poster: Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 14:35
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
Nov 19, 2004

Hi!

I am using Trados Freelance 6.5. I received an .xls file that I tried to open in TagEditor, by using the DTD Settings Manager and adding a predefined xls setting. I got the following error message:
The character < cannot be used in an attribute value. Error location: Line 1084. Column: 55.

Is there an error in the document or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!

[Edited at 2004-11-19 19:11]

[Edited at 2004-11-19 19:11]<
... See more
Hi!

I am using Trados Freelance 6.5. I received an .xls file that I tried to open in TagEditor, by using the DTD Settings Manager and adding a predefined xls setting. I got the following error message:
The character < cannot be used in an attribute value. Error location: Line 1084. Column: 55.

Is there an error in the document or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-21 18:10]
Collapse

shozayen
shozayen
Local time: 22:35
English to Arabic
RE: Error message for opening .xls file Nov 21, 2004

Dear Terese Whitty

i think the Problem arises from the XLS file itself,

but you can try to open the excel file from:

Trados 6.5 Freelance>T-windows>T-Window for Excel

i hope this succeed

Best regards

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:35
English to German
+ ...
What's in that cell? Nov 21, 2004

Sorry if you received a notification with just "What" as a response - I accidentally hit the Return button...

I am using Trados Freelance 6.5.

Which version exactly (check the build number in Help - About...)?

I received an .xls file that I tried to open in TagEditor, by using the DTD Settings Manager and adding a predefined xls setting.

Did you create that .ini file yourself? Do you get the same error if you use the default settings in TagEditor? I'm using TagEditor for Excel files, but never added a customised .ini file.

I got the following error message:

What's the content of this cell?

Are there any special characters (such as '

Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 14:35
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
xsl file Nov 21, 2004

Hi Ralf,

I made an error in my first posting. It is not an excel-file, but an xsl-file (HTML-coding for a website). I did not create this file myself and it cannot be open withouth using the DTD-settings. In fact, it cannot be opened at all. I just get the error message desciribed above.

My version of TRADOS is Trados Workbench 6.5.2.417, build 417.

Yes, there are special characters, but for some reason they did not post properly here. On each side of the
... See more
Hi Ralf,

I made an error in my first posting. It is not an excel-file, but an xsl-file (HTML-coding for a website). I did not create this file myself and it cannot be open withouth using the DTD-settings. In fact, it cannot be opened at all. I just get the error message desciribed above.

My version of TRADOS is Trados Workbench 6.5.2.417, build 417.

Yes, there are special characters, but for some reason they did not post properly here. On each side of the > is a '.

[Edited at 2004-11-21 18:07]

[Edited at 2004-11-21 18:08]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message for opening .xsl file (Mod: Title corrected)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »