Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:11
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2004

Hello --

I'm a MultiTerm iX user (version 6.2.0.627 in stand-alone mode). I have decided to remove about 1,200 entries from my main, general termbase and move them into their own subject-specific termbase. These entries all have the same subject code.

I successfully created a filter, exported the entries, and imported them into a new, empty file. Now I have to figure out a way to delete them from the original general termbase. Is there any filter-based way to do thi
... See more
Hello --

I'm a MultiTerm iX user (version 6.2.0.627 in stand-alone mode). I have decided to remove about 1,200 entries from my main, general termbase and move them into their own subject-specific termbase. These entries all have the same subject code.

I successfully created a filter, exported the entries, and imported them into a new, empty file. Now I have to figure out a way to delete them from the original general termbase. Is there any filter-based way to do this? Or do I have to manually delete 1,200 entries one by one?

Regards.
Collapse

Ulrich Roos (X)
Ulrich Roos (X)
Local time: 10:11
German
Export with negative filter, reimport into empty database Nov 25, 2004

Hi Steven,

the solution to your problem is to export the database with a filter which matches all entries that do NOT belong to that particular subject and import this file into an empty database.

There is no way to batch delete entries in MultiTerm. A user always has to export with a filter that provides the entries to be retained and import afterwards in a new termbase. This applies to all versions of MultiTerm.

Kind regards,
Ulrich

dgmaga (X)
dgmaga (X)
English to Spanish
You can use MultiTerm iX API Nov 25, 2004

Hi,

If you are into programming or know someone who can help you, you can try using the MultiTerm iX API.

You can create a list with the entry numbers that you want to delete and then create a macro that uses the MT iX API to delete the entries from the list.

I hope this helps!

Daniel

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:11
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you / Danke / Gracias Nov 26, 2004

Thank you, Ulrich and Daniel. Both methods seem like sound approaches, but I'll go with Ulrich's idea since I already know how to do that one.

Regards.

--
Steven Capsuto
Philadelphia, PA, USA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Batch-delete entries from a termbase?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »