Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:19
English to German
+ ...
Dec 3, 2004

Settings: Trados 6.5.5.438 (Build 439) / OS: Win XP Professional SP2

Dear colleagues,

I have a Russian-German translation memory with more than 7,000 entries. Everything is fine and the August 2004 Trados patch solved the nasty Unicode issue for Russian charaters in Edit windows (see my post at http://www.proz.com/topic/23961).

However, in the Maintenance main wind
... See more
Settings: Trados 6.5.5.438 (Build 439) / OS: Win XP Professional SP2

Dear colleagues,

I have a Russian-German translation memory with more than 7,000 entries. Everything is fine and the August 2004 Trados patch solved the nasty Unicode issue for Russian charaters in Edit windows (see my post at http://www.proz.com/topic/23961).

However, in the Maintenance main window one can select filters to search the memory. Did anyone try to filter the Russian memory content anytime after the August patch? You will get question marks instead of Russian Unicode characters. If one would post these question marks to the filter criteria and apply the search, no results are found (because of the question marks criteria).

Trados support confirmed this glitch and offered a workaround: Switch your OS to Russian Windows XP. I don't know how to do this conveniently. However, the Maintenance is then limited with Western language characters. A reasonable search function is hereby limited - if not precluded -, as the user would certainly want to combine search criteria from Russian and German as well, wouldn't he?

Does anybody have any experience here?

TIA
Carsten
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Maintenance for Russian-German TMs limited

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »