Jeff & Hiroko Bunderson
Jeff & Hiroko Bunderson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:16
Member (2004)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Dec 8, 2004

I am having trouble with cleaning up Word files using Translators Workbench. When I open the file after clean-up, Word tells me that some tables have become corrupt, and the formatting for some of these tables is really messed up. The formatting for the document from that point is also seriously changed. When I run the tw4winClean.main macro from inside Word, the tables are fine, but I can not update the TM that way. Is there a way to prevent this table corruption?

Japanese > E
... See more
I am having trouble with cleaning up Word files using Translators Workbench. When I open the file after clean-up, Word tells me that some tables have become corrupt, and the formatting for some of these tables is really messed up. The formatting for the document from that point is also seriously changed. When I run the tw4winClean.main macro from inside Word, the tables are fine, but I can not update the TM that way. Is there a way to prevent this table corruption?

Japanese > English
Windows XP Home SP2
Word XP
Trados 6.5.5.438 Build 439
Collapse

Carsten Behrend
Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:16
English to German
+ ...
No real Workaround Dec 9, 2004

Dear colleagues,

To be straight, I never encountered this sort of issue.

... the tables are fine, but I can not update the TM that way. Is there a way to prevent this table corruption?

Let me just propose an approach that might update your TM. Create a second copy from the file to be cleaned up. Run this copy through the clean-up module in Workbench. You will have your TM updates. Disregard this second copy for all further use, as it contains corrupted tables. Take up the first file and run the tw4winClean.Main macro to manually clean up the file in question.

Would that at least solve the TM update issue temporarily?

HTH
Carsten

piotrsut
piotrsut  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:16
English to Polish
+ ...
I have Dec 9, 2004

I have, except that Word didn't say a Word about it (even if it did, it wouldn't help, because I didn't know you have to check the document after cleanup - the customer got a corrupted file and corrected the formatting by himself, before I found out).

No help from where I am, though. Still little experience in Trados, half of that experience good, half bad with formatting issues and lost tags (protected) all over the place.

Cheers,

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Tables corrupted using TWB Clean up

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »