Migration from WB 5.5 to WB 6.5 (server version)
Thread poster: Johanne
Johanne
Johanne
Local time: 02:17
English to German
+ ...
Jan 19, 2005

Hello,
we are currently using WB 5.01.218 and have now purchased Trados 6.5 (TM power workbench), i.e. not the freelance one but the server one.
I am going to support a test run tomorrow and have been trying to find out how to migrate the data from our current WB database to the new one. I found a "HowTo" for MultiTerm 5.5 to MultiTerm iX in the Trados KnowledgeBase but nothing on WB. Does that mean that I can simply import my backup export? Does anyone know?
Any help or sugge
... See more
Hello,
we are currently using WB 5.01.218 and have now purchased Trados 6.5 (TM power workbench), i.e. not the freelance one but the server one.
I am going to support a test run tomorrow and have been trying to find out how to migrate the data from our current WB database to the new one. I found a "HowTo" for MultiTerm 5.5 to MultiTerm iX in the Trados KnowledgeBase but nothing on WB. Does that mean that I can simply import my backup export? Does anyone know?
Any help or suggestions are appreciated
Thanks
Johanne
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Re-create TMs using export files Jan 19, 2005

Hi Johanne,
In theory, you should be able to use your existing .tmw files (plus associated index files), but it's better to re-create the databases under T6.5.

HTH, Ralf

Johanne
Johanne
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 20, 2005

Thank you, I'll try that
Johanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Migration from WB 5.5 to WB 6.5 (server version)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »