Carina Balbo
Carina Balbo
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:36
English
+ ...
Jan 27, 2005

Hello everyone,
I need to work with Trados (6.5 Freelance) and PowerPoint (2003) but I can't. Whenever I click the Trados button in PowerPoint to open the Trados tool bar, an error message appears saying: "This presentation contains some fonts which are not availiable". But the whole presentation is in Arial, which is very common.

How many Trados experts are there out there that can lend me a hand??

Thanks a lot in advance!

Carina

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:36
English to German
+ ...
Trados KB and forum search Jan 27, 2005

Hi Carina,
please have a look at the forum search - you'll find numerous threads by searching for "unavailable font".

Although I'd suggest to use TagEditor (bearing in mind that opening PPT files in TE may take several minutes - this is normal behaviour, not a bug), a workaround is described in this article from the Trados Knowledge Base.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and T-Windows for PowerPoint

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »