Trados 6.5.5. says MultiTerm is not running - but it is
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 14:49
German to English
Jan 31, 2005

I just upgraded to Trados 6.5.5. from Trados 5.0 on the weekend, including converting my old MultiTerm database into a new one. When I open both the Trados Workbench and MultiTerm, however, the Workbench says that MultiTerm is not running (Error 50152).

In checking the Help listing for that topic it mentions something about a fuzzy index, but I am not seeing a "Create fuzzy index" option in the new MultiTerm menu like there used to be in the older version. All I see is "Reorganize
... See more
I just upgraded to Trados 6.5.5. from Trados 5.0 on the weekend, including converting my old MultiTerm database into a new one. When I open both the Trados Workbench and MultiTerm, however, the Workbench says that MultiTerm is not running (Error 50152).

In checking the Help listing for that topic it mentions something about a fuzzy index, but I am not seeing a "Create fuzzy index" option in the new MultiTerm menu like there used to be in the older version. All I see is "Reorganize Termbase" which I have tried several times, but this does not seem to solve the problem. I am stumped.

Any helpful hints MUCH appreciated!
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:49
English to German
+ ...
More info required... Jan 31, 2005

Hi Rebecca,
As usual, it will be helpful to know the full and exact versions of the software you're using - including the build number (go to Help - About... if needed).

I just upgraded to Trados 6.5.5. from Trados 5.0 on the weekend, including converting my old MultiTerm database into a new one.

What exactly do you mean by "a new one" - did you convert it to MTiX, or to MT 5.5?

When I open both the Trados Workbench and MultiTerm, however, the Workbench says that MultiTerm is not running (Error 50152).

Have you had a look at the relatedKnowledge Base article, which you will get by simply entering the error number?

In checking the Help listing for that topic it mentions something about a fuzzy index, but I am not seeing a "Create fuzzy index" option in the new MultiTerm menu like there used to be in the older version. All I see is "Reorganize Termbase" which I have tried several times, but this does not seem to solve the problem.

It would appear that you're using MTiX (again, which version?), in which case you need to set the Terminology Provider in the Workbench window (see the KB articles for detailed instructions).

On a general note, did you register the new software components after installation? (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5)

HTH, Ralf

OTMed (X)
OTMed (X)
Poland
Local time: 20:49
English to Polish
+ ...
Try changing Termbase settings in Workbench Jan 31, 2005

Rebecca Holmes-Löffler wrote:

I am assuming you are using MultiTerm iX. If this is the case make sure you have activated MultiTermiX link in Workbench: Options=>Term Recognition Options=>Termbase=>MultiTerm version: MultiTerm iX.

I had similar problem some time back and managed to find the solution (addmittedely after a prolonged periods of futile clicking and head scratching).

HTH
G. Palka

Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 14:49
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Eureka! Jan 31, 2005

Amen and hallelujah! It's working! The problem was indeed the termbase setting in the Workbench.
You are gentlemen and scholars, thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5.5. says MultiTerm is not running - but it is

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »