Tag editor - tags don't quite match
Thread poster: Miela
Miela
Miela
English to Spanish
Jan 31, 2005

Hello, sorry if this was asked before. I'm working with trados 5.5, tag editor. Sometines, the fuzzy matches or the 100% matches retrieve tags from the source which are exactly the same except for the direction of the arrow (which is the opposite). ¿Does the direction of the arrow make any difference? (The only way to avoid this is "copy source", but since I've worked a long way by now, I would rather not redo everthing again).
Thanks for your help.

[Subject edited by staff or mode
... See more
Hello, sorry if this was asked before. I'm working with trados 5.5, tag editor. Sometines, the fuzzy matches or the 100% matches retrieve tags from the source which are exactly the same except for the direction of the arrow (which is the opposite). ¿Does the direction of the arrow make any difference? (The only way to avoid this is "copy source", but since I've worked a long way by now, I would rather not redo everthing again).
Thanks for your help.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-01 04:47]
Collapse

Yury Rovnov (X)
Yury Rovnov (X)
English to Russian
+ ...
It does make difference Feb 1, 2005

Miela wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Hi Miela,
Tags showing to the right are opening tags, and those showing to the left are closing ones (they also should have slashes /). So it really matters where a tag shows.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
In my experience this did not make a difference Feb 1, 2005

ie I was able to import the file afterwards and everything was OK.
But I wouldn´t experiment, if you don´t have the import process in your hand. If this is a large file and you will deliver it to the customer for import, I would then replace the TAGs, as if your customer gets any trouble, you will have to rework the file - and this will be time cosuming.
Maybe you need to set a penalty for different TAGs in source.

Regards
Jerzy

Miela
Miela
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for telling about tags showing to the right and left Feb 3, 2005

Yury Rovnov wrote:

Miela wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Hi Miela,
Tags showing to the right are opening tags, and those showing to the left are closing ones (they also should have slashes /). So it really matters where a tag shows.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag editor - tags don't quite match

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »