Trados TagEditor 6.5: Digit grouping symbol - unchangeable?
Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:59
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 2, 2005

I tried to search the forum on this topic, but found nothing...
I am translating a text in TagEditor and have to replace for example 1,396 with 1396. Not sure what exactly should I change in TM options (digit grouping symbol?) and how these changes will then be activated (close and open the document?).

Automatically all "digital" segments are omitted and I can't change it manually.

What can be done about this?

mmsloboda (X)
mmsloboda (X)
Local time: 09:59
It's in Workbench Feb 2, 2005

Try looking at Workbench's Options --> Translation Memory Options... --> Substitution Localization --> and you'll see a place for digit grouping symbols.

There's also a small small chance, depending on your configuration, that the OS localized digit grouping symbol might interfere, but that's doubtful. If it does, check the control panel, regionalization in one of the advanced buttons.

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did. Feb 2, 2005

Mark Sloboda wrote:

Try looking at Workbench's Options --> Translation Memory Options... --> Substitution Localization --> and you'll see a place for digit grouping symbols.

I did, changed this option and closed and opened the document. Nothing has changed... That's why I asked.
May be I should have set this option when creating the TM?

mmsloboda (X)
mmsloboda (X)
Local time: 09:59
Works for me... Feb 2, 2005

I just checked with my Trados and I can change it at will, no problems (I tried a sample HTML page with a number). So unfortunately your problem might be elsewhere.

Harry Borsje
Harry Borsje
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
manual substitution Feb 2, 2005

If you turn off document protection in Tageditor (Tools > Options, turn off Protect document)you should be able to change this manually

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Feb 2, 2005

Harry Borsje wrote:

If you turn off document protection in Tageditor (Tools > Options, turn off Protect document)you should be able to change this manually

Unfortunately :-/
Turned it off, but figures are still omitted and the next text segment is open when I try to open what I need to correct...

[Edited at 2005-02-02 14:48]

[Edited at 2005-02-02 14:48]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Use 'Search and Replace' Feb 2, 2005

Hi Natalya,
What Harry means is that you will need to change 'stand-alone' figures (not belonging to a segment) manually; you can use 'Search & Replace' for this purpose.

HTH, Ralf

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Feb 2, 2005

Thank you, Ralf.
I have just found how to do it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados TagEditor 6.5: Digit grouping symbol - unchangeable?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »