Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 11:46
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 3, 2005

I am currenly using Trados FL, 6.5.5.438 (439) and TagEditor 6.5.5.438 (439)

When I choose Translation Memory Option-Tools-Keep Backup-Move Files, and choose a destination nothing seem to happen. No files seem to be copied to that folder.

I suppose that a backup should be placed in the folder I specifed when I also choose "Move files"? (or am I wrong?) The folder specified is not a network folder, just a regular folder, but on another hard drive (placed in the same PC).
... See more
I am currenly using Trados FL, 6.5.5.438 (439) and TagEditor 6.5.5.438 (439)

When I choose Translation Memory Option-Tools-Keep Backup-Move Files, and choose a destination nothing seem to happen. No files seem to be copied to that folder.

I suppose that a backup should be placed in the folder I specifed when I also choose "Move files"? (or am I wrong?) The folder specified is not a network folder, just a regular folder, but on another hard drive (placed in the same PC).

I have also tried to set the backup folder on the same hard drive where Trados is installed, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Only after cleanup/translation Feb 3, 2005

The backup files should be moved to the specified folder only after the Cleanup or Translate operation. Nothing will happen with your current backups just by changing the setting.

Or have you cleaned or translated some files and the backups were not created in the backup folder? That would be strange.

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 3, 2005

Thank you for clearing this matter. Now I understand.

I should have known better, but usually I take backups of my TM's directly, but I thought this function could make life easier...

Working with TE, I do not clean the files, and then no backup will be made.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Move backup?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »