Thread poster: Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:35
English to Latvian
+ ...
Feb 8, 2005

I was working on a file, using 6 Freelance demo version. Now I've just installed LSP,but I can't get the same TM to work - I get a message "Translation Memory too large for demo mode. Connect dongle to parallel port". LSP is in regular, not demo mode, so I'm wondering what is the problem. Aren't the two versions of Trados compatible? I'd be very grateful for any help with this issue.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:35
English to German
+ ...
Parallel installation? Feb 8, 2005

Hi Austra,
Which version(s) are you using (full version number, please, including the build number)?

I was working on a file, using 6 Freelance demo version. Now I've just installed LSP

Did you de-install the Freelance version before installing LSP?

Aren't the two versions of Trados compatible?

They are (although I don't see why you would need both), provided that you register the version you wish to use when switching (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 LSP - Register Trados 6.5 LSP).

I suspect you're trying to work with a version that hasn't been properly registered.

HTH, Ralf

Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 05:35
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 8, 2005

but I still have no idea how:) - it just started working.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem after using Trados 6 Freelance in demo mode and changing it for 6 LSP

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »