Trados.dot "save changes" nag with Freelance 6.5.439 and Word 2003
Thread poster: CELC Inc
CELC Inc
CELC Inc
Local time: 15:53
Japanese to English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2005

Since upgrading to 6.5.439, I get a nag to "Save changes to Tados.dot" every time I close Word 2003. I also get a similar nag to save "Normal.dot" sometimes.

Perhaps I should make it extra clear that I have not made any changes to either template so far as I know.

Any info about the origin of the problem and its solution would be appreciated.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:53
English to French
Some programs create toolbars in Word Feb 11, 2005

If you installed software that interacts with Word, you may be prompted to save the templates. Same may happen if you create, select or move macros or buttons on the Word toolbars. I often get these prompts and usually I just save the templates when I am asked to (to avoid being asked each time and retain whatever button I want to have), if I know I tinkered with the toolbars. In case of a problem, I just delete the normal template (the default is recreated when you next open Word) and replace t... See more
If you installed software that interacts with Word, you may be prompted to save the templates. Same may happen if you create, select or move macros or buttons on the Word toolbars. I often get these prompts and usually I just save the templates when I am asked to (to avoid being asked each time and retain whatever button I want to have), if I know I tinkered with the toolbars. In case of a problem, I just delete the normal template (the default is recreated when you next open Word) and replace the Trados template (I use 5.5) with an original version I keep safely. This is my experience, and I would not be able to explain this behavior.
Hope it helps,
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:53
English to German
+ ...
Restore the template Feb 11, 2005

Hi,
There's an article on the Trados KB that includes the symptom you're describing.

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2005-02-13 12:47]

[Edited at 2005-02-13 12:48]

CELC Inc
CELC Inc
Local time: 15:53
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the help Feb 13, 2005

Thanks for the link. I had searched the Knowledge Base but come up empty. I wonder what I was missing...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados.dot "save changes" nag with Freelance 6.5.439 and Word 2003

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »