Thread poster: Roberto Silva
Roberto Silva
Roberto Silva  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:55
English to Spanish
Feb 11, 2005

Hi,

I am using Office 2002 (XP), Windows XP and Trados 6.5.5.439.

I am not sure if it is a problem of this specific version, but when I open T-Windows, PowerPoint shows a message "Fatal error. Unable to Continue". PowerPoint opens, and the Trados icon is present, but the Trados Menu bar is missing. I can translate, but I loose other functionality like Extracting text, etc.

Has anybody encountered this problem? How to solve it?

Note: It is not r
... See more
Hi,

I am using Office 2002 (XP), Windows XP and Trados 6.5.5.439.

I am not sure if it is a problem of this specific version, but when I open T-Windows, PowerPoint shows a message "Fatal error. Unable to Continue". PowerPoint opens, and the Trados icon is present, but the Trados Menu bar is missing. I can translate, but I loose other functionality like Extracting text, etc.

Has anybody encountered this problem? How to solve it?

Note: It is not related to the Macro Security level in PowerPoint. I have configure it to Low and even then the error remains.

Thanks
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:55
English to German
+ ...
Why not use TagEditor? Feb 11, 2005

Hi Carlos,
Not an answer to your problem, but why don't you use TagEditor?
Much easier to handle than T-Window, IMO...

Note that the initial conversion to Trados Tag (.ttx) will take several minutes, as TE will convert all document information to XML tags.

Best regards,
Ralf

Roberto Silva
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Reason to use T-Windows Feb 11, 2005

Dear Ralf,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I do use TagEditor to translate PowerPoint files. I find it a much better environment (even for some RTF files!). However, in some instances (the presentations I am working on right now) it is much faster to open T-Windows, extract the text and count this text in Trados rather than using Trados for counting the PowerPoint file directly. In fact, in this case Trados hangs wihle counting the PowerPoint file. This is the reason I
... See more
Dear Ralf,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I do use TagEditor to translate PowerPoint files. I find it a much better environment (even for some RTF files!). However, in some instances (the presentations I am working on right now) it is much faster to open T-Windows, extract the text and count this text in Trados rather than using Trados for counting the PowerPoint file directly. In fact, in this case Trados hangs wihle counting the PowerPoint file. This is the reason I want to use T-Windows as an alternative method.

Any ideas about the menu bar issue? I have not seen it in previous versions. It might be a version specific bug (I have not found any info about it though...).

Thanks
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:55
English to German
+ ...
Trados KB Feb 11, 2005

Hi again,
There's an article on the Trados KB that addresses this behaviour. Does this help?

Cheers, Ralf

Roberto Silva
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 11, 2005

Thank you Ralf. Deleting the corrupted file solved the problem.

Carlos

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing T-Windows PowerPoint menu bar

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »