Erika Lundgren
Erika Lundgren  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:22
Member (2003)
Spanish to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 13, 2005

Hi!
I am having serious problems with a document that has cross references and hidden bookmarks. The client gave us the instructions to copy and paste bookmarks into source segments, but this, I discovered quickly is completely impossible. Halfway through the text I realised I needed to prepare the text with bookmark handler and start over again.

I copied the Bookmark template correctly into the folder office/Startup (where the other Trados 6.5 template is, and that one works
... See more
Hi!
I am having serious problems with a document that has cross references and hidden bookmarks. The client gave us the instructions to copy and paste bookmarks into source segments, but this, I discovered quickly is completely impossible. Halfway through the text I realised I needed to prepare the text with bookmark handler and start over again.

I copied the Bookmark template correctly into the folder office/Startup (where the other Trados 6.5 template is, and that one works). An icon for the Bookmark handler then appeared in my MSWord 2000 toolbar. When I click it the dialogue box for the Bookmark handler comes up, but when I try tro run it says: "A compiling error ocurred in a hidden module: frmMain", although in Swedish, I am running a Swedish version of MSWord on a Spanish Windows XP.

I have set the security in Word to the lowest level (allowing all macros), I have tried turning of the virus programme and I have set all other security configurations to the lowest level, and it keeps coming up.

I have to do this translation with Trados since they have provided me with a TM where about 50% of the text is at least 85% match or higher. Don´t know what to do really, has anybody seen this problem before...
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Word installation damaged? Feb 13, 2005

Hi Erika,
I double-checked this with Trados support - looks like your Word installation may be damaged. Do you have a second machine which you could use to convert?

Best regards,
Ralf

Erika Lundgren
Erika Lundgren  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Spanish to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried reinstalling Word Feb 13, 2005

Hi Ralph,

Unfortunately I only have access to one computer at the moment. But I have tried reinstalling Word, and that does not work at all, the same error message keeps coming up.

Surfing the net, I saw that someone else in a forum also had this problem, and that the solution Trados support had given him had not worked. He was working with Japanese texts. Unfortunately I could not read the replies, since it was a Japanese forum and everything, apart from his question
... See more
Hi Ralph,

Unfortunately I only have access to one computer at the moment. But I have tried reinstalling Word, and that does not work at all, the same error message keeps coming up.

Surfing the net, I saw that someone else in a forum also had this problem, and that the solution Trados support had given him had not worked. He was working with Japanese texts. Unfortunately I could not read the replies, since it was a Japanese forum and everything, apart from his question, was quite illegible to me.

But, it made me think that maybe it has to do with installing different language versions of Word and/or Windows on top of each other. He was an American, working with Japanese, i.e. he must have installed a Japanese version of Word as well, maybe on top of his American version.

I live in Spain, and work with Spanish, English and Swedish, in order to spell check Swedish documents, I have simply installed a Swedish version of Word on top of a Spanish version. That is the only way I know to get all the three languages, Spanish word normally only has Spanish and English, and Swedish normally only has Swedish and English dictionaires. The result is a Spanish tool bar, but a Swedish personal dictionary file.

Does anybody know if this could cause a compilation problem, and would there be a way round it? Does anybody know what a hidden module is, and frmMain? Knowing what it is for could give me some clues...

Best wishes,
Erika

[Edited at 2005-02-13 19:18]
Collapse

Elena Ghetti
Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
same problem Feb 13, 2005

But, it made me think that maybe it has to do with installing different language versions of Word and/or Windows on top of each other. He was an American, working with Japanese, i.e. he must have installed a Japanese version of Word as well, maybe on top of his American version.

Hi Erika,
I have the same problem and problem started when I installed Word 2003. I only have the Italian version of Word. have not yet found a solution though.
good l
... See more

Hi Erika,
I have the same problem and problem started when I installed Word 2003. I only have the Italian version of Word. have not yet found a solution though.
good luck!
Elena
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot use the Boookmark handler because of a compiling error

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »