Cleaned PPT with 2 Source letters at beginning of sentence
Thread poster: Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:30
English to French
Feb 16, 2005

I work with Trados 6.0, Windows XP pro and Office XP.
When I translate a PowerPoint presentation I use T-Window to extract the text in a TXT file.
Save this file in RTF and translate using Trados and Word.
Open T-Window and choose the open/Get to insert the translation checking fonts....

Last time I did this sequence and when I cleaned the PPT, in some sections of the document (not all), the sentences began with 2 letters from the English sentence (source)and then
... See more
I work with Trados 6.0, Windows XP pro and Office XP.
When I translate a PowerPoint presentation I use T-Window to extract the text in a TXT file.
Save this file in RTF and translate using Trados and Word.
Open T-Window and choose the open/Get to insert the translation checking fonts....

Last time I did this sequence and when I cleaned the PPT, in some sections of the document (not all), the sentences began with 2 letters from the English sentence (source)and then the whole sentence in French (target):
OnIl était une fois... (Once upon a time...)
MaMark travaillait chez Proz....(Mark...)

Pretty Weird... No?
Collapse

Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
Local time: 07:30
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Wordfast is better Feb 17, 2005

Wordfast translates PPT with no problem.

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:30
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Consider upgrading to 6.5.5 Feb 17, 2005

Leaving one or two source letters at the beginning of the sentence seems to be one of the "quirks" of T-Window for Powerpoint. I've had that happen, too.

T-Window is a clunky user interface at best, and I've found that it often was more hindrance than help.

If you do a lot of PowerPoint translations, you might want to consider upgrading to 6.5.5. As of v. 6.5, you can use TagEditor to translate PowerPoint (and Excel) files, and I've found it to be a godsend. Its so much
... See more
Leaving one or two source letters at the beginning of the sentence seems to be one of the "quirks" of T-Window for Powerpoint. I've had that happen, too.

T-Window is a clunky user interface at best, and I've found that it often was more hindrance than help.

If you do a lot of PowerPoint translations, you might want to consider upgrading to 6.5.5. As of v. 6.5, you can use TagEditor to translate PowerPoint (and Excel) files, and I've found it to be a godsend. Its so much cleaner and easier, no more hangs and/or crashes (something I ran into quite frequently with T-Window for PP.) When you first open a PP file in TagEditor, it may seem like the program is hanging, especially if it's a large file. But once all the tags have been inserted (which can take some time, I go and have a cup of coffee...), it opens quickly. For me personally, being able to use TagEditor for PP files was reason enough to upgrade.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaned PPT with 2 Source letters at beginning of sentence

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »