Trados 5.5 Freelance won't start, Windows installer appears.
Thread poster: Douglas Divers
Douglas Divers
Douglas Divers  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:06
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Feb 21, 2005

I am operating Trados 5.5 Freelance in Windows 2000 Professional, with MS Word 2000. I just tried to start Trados and the screen locks up, and the windows installer button appears along with Trados Multiterm Workstation buton on my taskbar. The login screen doesn't appear for me to login. Any suggestions? Do I need to overwrite my installation? The program has been installed and running since 2002. Many thanks in advance!

Doug Divers
Portuguese and Spanish > English
Powh
... See more
I am operating Trados 5.5 Freelance in Windows 2000 Professional, with MS Word 2000. I just tried to start Trados and the screen locks up, and the windows installer button appears along with Trados Multiterm Workstation buton on my taskbar. The login screen doesn't appear for me to login. Any suggestions? Do I need to overwrite my installation? The program has been installed and running since 2002. Many thanks in advance!

Doug Divers
Portuguese and Spanish > English
Powhatan, VA USA
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:06
English to German
+ ...
Login? Feb 21, 2005

Hi Douglas,
I just tried to start Trados

Which application did you try to start?

The login screen doesn't appear for me to login.

Which login screen? Are you trying to login to Workspace?

Best regards,
Ralf

Douglas Divers
United States
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Which application/login screen Feb 21, 2005

Hi Ralf,

Yes, Workspace was the application I was trying to start. The Workspace login screen was the one that will not appear.

Thanks,

Doug

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No big loss, TBH... Feb 21, 2005

Hi Douglas,
TBH not having Workspace doesn't strike me as a big loss... unless you created a big project, which you need to open, of course.

The Workspace login screen was the one that will not appear.

Have you tried opening Workbench and MultiTerm on a stand-alone basis?

Cheers, Ralf

Douglas Divers
United States
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's a big loss to me... Feb 21, 2005

Ralf, actually the project I was going to start today is not that big, but I do have a large number of similar files and projects for regular clients that are associated with certain memories, etc. Workspace helps me to catalogue the projects and know which memory to associate new files with when they come in. I would like to be able to get it going again. I am able to run Workbench and Multiterm by themselves, but I can't start Workspace. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sincerely,<
... See more
Ralf, actually the project I was going to start today is not that big, but I do have a large number of similar files and projects for regular clients that are associated with certain memories, etc. Workspace helps me to catalogue the projects and know which memory to associate new files with when they come in. I would like to be able to get it going again. I am able to run Workbench and Multiterm by themselves, but I can't start Workspace. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Doug
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not me, then... Feb 21, 2005

Hi again,
Well, in that case, I won't be able to help you - I gave up on Workspace after 1 1/2 projects...

Sounds like a 'repair' installation might be necessary, but you may want to wait for some suggestions from Workspace users. There's an article on the Trados KB that describes a similar issue, but
... See more
Hi again,
Well, in that case, I won't be able to help you - I gave up on Workspace after 1 1/2 projects...

Sounds like a 'repair' installation might be necessary, but you may want to wait for some suggestions from Workspace users. There's an article on the Trados KB that describes a similar issue, but for 5.0.1.

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5 Freelance won't start, Windows installer appears.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »