Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:41
German to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2005

Hi there,
All I did was make a heading bold (in an active segment) - and suddenly the document was flooded by green boxes. I can still work as normal, opening one segment after another, but most of the text is now segmented into big green blocks. As this is rather a long text, I am concerned that the clean-up will ruin the whole document.
Is there a fix for this? Most grateful for any help.
TIA
Karin

PS Trados 6.5 Freelance WB

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
not an expert in styles but.... Feb 24, 2005

Hi Karin,

It seems to me that you have changed something that has updated the style automatically.

If you're working in Word check the style properties and adjust as necessary. You should also disable the automatic update of the style.

Hope this helps!
Grace.

LuciaC
LuciaC
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:41
English to Italian
+ ...
Tricks Feb 24, 2005

The client who tought me to use Trados years ago also told me two invaluable tricks in case something horrible happens:
- undo (and keep pressing UNDO until you reach the previous stage
or
- close the text without saving it. You will not lose your work because it will be in the memory and it will take only a few seconds to retranslate it.
It works in most cases for me (but I suppose too late for you... sorry)

Good luck
Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! Green boxes have hijacked my screen

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »