Alejandra Hozikian  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:03
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 27, 2005

Hello,

I have been working with Trados 6.5. without problems.But now I have to correct the work and the keys do not appear horizontaly.They do vertically, but as it closes every time I click on them,the correction turns rather slow. If any expert can help me I will appreciate it since I am not experienced with Trados. Thanks you!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:03
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which keys do you mean? Feb 27, 2005

Do you mean the Trados toolbar?
If yes, simply drag it to the position you want it to be.

OTOH consider using keyboard shortcuts instead of mouse. You´ll be much faster then.

Regards
Jerzy

Alejandra Hozikian
Argentina
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you,Jerzy.I did it,but did not work Feb 27, 2005

I did what you suggested but nothing appeared.But thank yiu for your prompt answer.

Regards,
Alejandra Hozikian

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Ehm, how could you drag something what does not appear? Feb 27, 2005

So once agan - what are you referring to?
The toolbar, which should appear/dissapear, when clicking on Trados Flag-Man icon?
Why don´t you use keyboard shortcuts instead?
They are described in Trados menu in Word.

If you click on Flagman, and no toolbar appears, go to View, Toolbars and check the Trados toolbar.

Are you still able to use Trados commands via keyboard?

Sorry, but somehow I feel fishing in troubled water, not knowig at all,
... See more
So once agan - what are you referring to?
The toolbar, which should appear/dissapear, when clicking on Trados Flag-Man icon?
Why don´t you use keyboard shortcuts instead?
They are described in Trados menu in Word.

If you click on Flagman, and no toolbar appears, go to View, Toolbars and check the Trados toolbar.

Are you still able to use Trados commands via keyboard?

Sorry, but somehow I feel fishing in troubled water, not knowig at all, what kind of fish is there - if any.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Alejandra Hozikian
Argentina
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am using the keyboard already.But no Trados toolbar appears in View. Feb 27, 2005

Thank you Jerzy for your help. The thing is that it is difficult for me to explain myself when referring to CAT tool matters.

When I go to View,no Trados toolbar apperas.That is the problem. I can work it out for the time being ,but I would like to have it solved.

Thank you!

Alejandra Hozikian

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
More questions then Feb 27, 2005

Do you see Trados flagman icon?
What happens, when you click on it?

If nothing happens, check the following:
Go to View - Toolbars and check, if TW4WIN is checked. If no, check it. If you have no TW4WIN, check via Format - Templates and styles (I´m referring to german Word XP; so the names may differ slightly), if the Trados6.dot is checked.

If not, close word. Locate Trados installation folder, go to T65_FL\TT\Templates and copy the Trados6.dot template fr
... See more
Do you see Trados flagman icon?
What happens, when you click on it?

If nothing happens, check the following:
Go to View - Toolbars and check, if TW4WIN is checked. If no, check it. If you have no TW4WIN, check via Format - Templates and styles (I´m referring to german Word XP; so the names may differ slightly), if the Trados6.dot is checked.

If not, close word. Locate Trados installation folder, go to T65_FL\TT\Templates and copy the Trados6.dot template from there to your Word startup folder. This one is located usually (Windows XP) in c:\documents and settings\current user\application data\microsoft\word\start up (where "current user" represents you current login name or user name in Windows). Replace the Trados6.dot you find there.

HTH
Jerzy
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Try this Feb 27, 2005

In Word:

Menú/Ver/Barra de herramientas/TW4Win

It should be marked

Rgds

Alejandra Hozikian
Argentina
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! It worked! Feb 27, 2005

Tahnk you very much Jerzy and Toledo!! I am really grateful. It is the first time I ask for help through ProZ and I feel it does not only pay but also makes me feel I am not working alone.
Thank you!

Alejandra Hozikian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados. Horizontal keys do not appear

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »