Impossible to reach the 100% score although all segments are translated and validated
Thread poster: Caroline Tsaganas
Caroline Tsaganas
Caroline Tsaganas  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:56
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
Sep 25, 2017

Hi everyone,
I have had following problem tonight. One of the numerous plain normal sdlxliff files I am translating (which comes out of a package of several files) is blocked at 75%, although I did translate and validate each segment.
Whatever I do, I get the following percentage in the below frame : Draft -7,57% (a negative value, yes!), Translated 75,95%.
I’ve validated each segment twice per hand to make sure I am not crazy. I also checked if each segment hat a green pen
... See more
Hi everyone,
I have had following problem tonight. One of the numerous plain normal sdlxliff files I am translating (which comes out of a package of several files) is blocked at 75%, although I did translate and validate each segment.
Whatever I do, I get the following percentage in the below frame : Draft -7,57% (a negative value, yes!), Translated 75,95%.
I’ve validated each segment twice per hand to make sure I am not crazy. I also checked if each segment hat a green pen and a green check. They all do. When I applied a filter to make sure only the not validated segments appear, nothing appears. Same happens when I filter the draft segments.
It seems something is not working correctly.
This file contains 977 words. I’ve noticed that SDL Trados blocked completely the first time I translated around segment 50 if I remember correctly. I had to reboot my computer. It was a first. I did not think it had any influence on anything, but maybe it had.
The other files of the package are not problematic.
Could someone let me know if they had the similar problem and if there is a solution?
Thanks in advance

Caroline
Collapse

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Translation Count Sep 25, 2017

Hi Caroline,

Could you please run the batch task called Translation Count (from Files view) and report back if anything changes?

Irina Lowisky
Leandro de Assis

Caroline Tsaganas
Caroline Tsaganas  Identity Verified
France
Member (2011)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked ! Sep 25, 2017

Yes Ekaterina ! It worked wonders ! I reached the 100% mark directly. Is there a reason why ? Can you explain?
1000 thanks

Caroline

Ekaterina Kroumova
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
No logic explanation Sep 25, 2017

I have no logic explanation, and don't think even guys from SDL have one. I once found this solution by chance, fiddling with commands. But I've never had a 25% difference like you so far.

Now you have the solution Bonne chance !

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:56
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Quite common Sep 27, 2017

When I have let's say 18 files in a project some files will turn 99 or 100 % after translation, others will stay at 45 as nothing has happened. I got used to it.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try running a word count Sep 27, 2017

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
When I have let's say 18 files in a project some files will turn 99 or 100 % after translation, others will stay at 45 as nothing has happened. I got used to it.

I have seen others give the advice of running a word count when this happens. Apparently that fixes the wrong percentage. It is a known bug, apparently which has been around for quite some time. If it will ever be fixed, I would not know.

Roy

[Edited at 2017-09-27 08:36 GMT]

Catherine Hess
Catherine Hess  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:56
Member (2016)
Italian to English
Word count didn't work for me Oct 8, 2019

I tried running "word count" on the files that don't show as 100%, and that changed nothing. I have the 2019 version; don't know if that matters.

Angela Malik
Angela Malik  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:56
German to English
+ ...
I often get a negative count Oct 8, 2019

It happens from time to time. I've just assumed it's a bug that no one can be bothered to fix. It usually happens to me if I've changed the segmentation in the file during translation (merged or divided segments).

To fix it, I just reopen the file, then press Save. At that point the percentages are corrected.

Ekaterina Kroumova
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Translation count Oct 8, 2019

Catherine Hess wrote:

I tried running "word count" on the files that don't show as 100%, and that changed nothing. I have the 2019 version; don't know if that matters.

You need to run Translation Count, not Word Count. These are different tasks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to reach the 100% score although all segments are translated and validated

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »