Marie Thiriet
Germany
Local time: 11:13
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Dec 7, 2017

Dear Colleagues,
I have just installed SDL-STUDIO 2017 SR1.

Now I meet a problem at the automation level. Whereas I check the option "Insert best match ..." under Automation in the settings, nothing get inserted in a new translation I've set. The segments aren't translated yet or haven't been touched at all till now.

Do anybody knows where this problem can come from? I've met this problem in former versions of SDL as well, so I guess that this is not related to th
... See more
Dear Colleagues,
I have just installed SDL-STUDIO 2017 SR1.

Now I meet a problem at the automation level. Whereas I check the option "Insert best match ..." under Automation in the settings, nothing get inserted in a new translation I've set. The segments aren't translated yet or haven't been touched at all till now.

Do anybody knows where this problem can come from? I've met this problem in former versions of SDL as well, so I guess that this is not related to the new version.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards, Marie
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:13
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
More info Dec 10, 2017

Hi Marie,

Can you provide more details? Where have you made this setting? Is it maybe Editor - Automation - Apply best match after successful lookup? If so, for this to work you need to a) Have a TM added to your project and enabled b) Have content in the TM that matches the active segment above the fuzzy threshold set for TM lookup.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2017 SR1 / Automation, Insert Best Match

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »