Thread poster: Chinami Yamashita
Chinami Yamashita
Chinami Yamashita
France
Local time: 00:55
English to Japanese
+ ...
Dec 31, 2018

My old PC was not working well at all so I got a new one.

I am trying to transfer SDL trados 2017 licence - I disactivated it on the old PC (I saw the disactivation confirmation window, it was properly done) some days ago. However surprise! I cannot activate it on my new PC.

From what I see from my account (SDL Account) > Licence, it is still 'in use'.

Confused, I tried to open the software on my old PC in order to see if it was still active there - No. I h
... See more
My old PC was not working well at all so I got a new one.

I am trying to transfer SDL trados 2017 licence - I disactivated it on the old PC (I saw the disactivation confirmation window, it was properly done) some days ago. However surprise! I cannot activate it on my new PC.

From what I see from my account (SDL Account) > Licence, it is still 'in use'.

Confused, I tried to open the software on my old PC in order to see if it was still active there - No. I had to enter an activation code.

I tried to force return the licence several times but the message appears:

An error has occurred
An email has been sent to support to inform them of the error.
Please try reloading / refreshing this page.

So I cannot force return the licence.

On my old PC it is disactivated so I have to enter the activation code - when I tried, it says 'remaining quantity (of licence) 0' (because it is 'IN USE' for SDL).

On my new PC it cannot be activated using my licence because 'IN USE' trados kindly propose 30days free trial.

I do not know what to do to reactivate my licence which has gone to the blackhole or something. Has anyone had the same problem before - if so, could you advise me how it was solved? Or please could you simply advise me what to do? I already wrote to the SDL but they do not reply me.

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:55
English to Russian
SDL Support Dec 31, 2018

Chinami Yamashita wrote:
Has anyone had the same problem before - if so, could you advise me how it was solved? Or please could you simply advise me what to do? I already wrote to the SDL but they do not reply me.

I have to do this on a very rare occasion (once or twice a year). Normally, they respond sooner than I can submit a support request, but it's New Year's Eve...

Try this link (click the 'Submit Case' button):
https://gateway.sdl.com/liveagentlicensing

UPD: or even better click the 'Request License Reset' button.
I didn't try it myself because I communicated with SDL Support by email. However long time has passed, and maybe this 'button' method is better now.

UPD2: I can see that the 'Request License Reset' button is greyed out as 'No Agents Are Available' now. I guess it means you can only submit a request and wait. Good luck!

[Edited at 2018-12-31 12:39 GMT]

Roy Oestensen

Chinami Yamashita
Chinami Yamashita
France
Local time: 00:55
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 20, 2019

To Stepan,

Sorry I did not reply you sooner, but what you said helped me!
Actually they were very quick replying to me and they sorted out.

Thank you very much for your great help.

Chinami

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem disactivating the licence

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »