Studio 2017 or 2019 do not open after installation.
Thread poster: Gisley Ferreira
Gisley Ferreira
Gisley Ferreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:19
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 17, 2019

Hello, after the installation of studio 2017 or 2019, when I open the program, it does not open and an error window appears saying: Not found.
I've already tested installing 2015, it installs and opens without problems.

Erro Studio 219

Sonia Cunha-Goldner
Sonia Cunha-Goldner
United States
Local time: 13:19
English to Portuguese
Try installing 2019 SR01 from SDL website Jan 17, 2019

Hi, Gisley!

Where did you downloaded the SDL Trados Studio 2019 from? If you go to your SDL Account you will see a note like this:

"Note: If you have SDL MultiTerm 2019 installed alongside SDL Trados Studio 2019, you must also upgrade MultiTerm to the latest cumulative update (SDL MultiTerm 2019 CU1) when upgrading to Trados Studio 2019 SR1."

So, instead of installing only the SDL Studio 2019, I would go directly to SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR1
... See more
Hi, Gisley!

Where did you downloaded the SDL Trados Studio 2019 from? If you go to your SDL Account you will see a note like this:

"Note: If you have SDL MultiTerm 2019 installed alongside SDL Trados Studio 2019, you must also upgrade MultiTerm to the latest cumulative update (SDL MultiTerm 2019 CU1) when upgrading to Trados Studio 2019 SR1."

So, instead of installing only the SDL Studio 2019, I would go directly to SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR1 download link and install it from there. It worked for me, since I also had the two versions installed in my computer. I chose to delete 2015 and 2017, and keep 2019 only.

Ah! Don´t forget to download the SDL MultiTerm 2019 CU1 Desktop Installer, too!

I hope it helps.

Abraços,

Sonia Cunha

[Editada em 2019-01-17 15:52 GMT]
Collapse

Gisley Ferreira
Gisley Ferreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:19
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2017 or 2019 do not open after installation Jan 18, 2019

Thanks for the reply, I had already downloaded from the SDL site, I was just not installing Multiterm at that time, but even doing according to your guidance, the problem continues. Multiterm opens, but Studio continues with the same problem.
Thank you.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 19:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Probable Windows corruption Jan 19, 2019

Hi Gisley,
I had exactly the same problem, same error message, after a faulty Windows 10 update. I was told by Paul Filkin that it was due to a corrupted Windows 10 install.
I was only able to solve the problem reinstalling Window 10 from scratch.
No other problems with Studio since then.
Hope it helps,
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 or 2019 do not open after installation.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »