Rosanna Saraceno  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:17
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 9, 2019

Dear colleagues,

I'm experiencing an issue with a file sent by a client, namely: when I try to open the file in Trados Studio 2015, the following message appears: The startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex error.
I converted the file in the 97-2003 format and I noticed that I can process the file in this format, but there is no way to obtain a clean version of the translation. Can anybody help, please?
Thank you very much in advance
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'm experiencing an issue with a file sent by a client, namely: when I try to open the file in Trados Studio 2015, the following message appears: The startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex error.
I converted the file in the 97-2003 format and I noticed that I can process the file in this format, but there is no way to obtain a clean version of the translation. Can anybody help, please?
Thank you very much in advance!
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:17
English to Thai
+ ...
Solution Feb 10, 2019

Please refer to the solution here:

https://www.codeproject.com/Questions/381671/startindex-cannot-be-larger-than-length-of-string

Soonthon L.

Rosanna Saraceno
Rosanna Saraceno  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:17
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Soonthon Feb 11, 2019

but where can I find the Debugger in Trados Studio 2015?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2015 error: The startIndex cannot be larger than length of string

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »