[SOLVED] Help: Merging two accounts - is it possible?
Thread poster: Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 16:22
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Feb 27, 2019

So I seem to have made a grave mistake.

I downloaded the trial version of Trados Studio 2019 to try it out and decide whether I want to buy.

I was very happy with the product, so I made an order from the local authorized reseller, for which I payed via PayPal.

In the meantime, I made an account with my primary email, purchased the certification exams, went through all of the materials and passed them in quick succession.

I didn't know however
... See more
So I seem to have made a grave mistake.

I downloaded the trial version of Trados Studio 2019 to try it out and decide whether I want to buy.

I was very happy with the product, so I made an order from the local authorized reseller, for which I payed via PayPal.

In the meantime, I made an account with my primary email, purchased the certification exams, went through all of the materials and passed them in quick succession.

I didn't know however that SDL would automatically create an account for me with the PayPal email I used to pay for it.

Now my certifications are on one account and my purchased license on another.

Is there any way to merge the two accounts?
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:22
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Had the same problem... Feb 28, 2019

Yoana Ivanova wrote:
I didn't know however that SDL would automatically create an account for me with the PayPal email I used to pay for it.

I had the same problem. When I paid for an update by PayPal, SDL just assumed that I would want the e-mail address that I use for PayPal to be used for things like CAT tool memberships. This is not the case, but there is nothing anyone can do about it. It doesn't impact me by much, but it does mean I get SDL e-mails on an e-mail account that isn't really meant for receiving mails like the ones SDL sends me.

I don't know anything about certifications. Does this impact you at all, otherwise (except that you now have to log in with two different accounts for two different purposes)?

Yoana Ivanova
Estonia
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I guess it's more about convenience Feb 28, 2019

Samuel Murray wrote:

Yoana Ivanova wrote:

I had the same problem. When I paid for an update by PayPal, SDL just assumed that I would want the e-mail address that I use for PayPal to be used for things like CAT tool memberships. This is not the case, but there is nothing anyone can do about it. It doesn't impact me by much, but it does mean I get SDL e-mails on an e-mail account that isn't really meant for receiving mails like the ones SDL sends me.

I don't know anything about certifications. Does this impact you at all, otherwise (except that you now have to log in with two different accounts for two different purposes)?

Yes, I didn't really expect that it would do so automatically. I have different emails for different purposes and would like to have full control of what goes where.

I don't think it impacts me much, unless SDL has a problem with multiple accounts. When I took their exams I ticked a little box that said I have a licensed copy of the product and now said copy is on the second account.

I got a message from support, so maybe it will be resolved.

Monica de la Colina
Monica de la Colina
Local time: 08:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
How did you solve this? Jul 2, 2020

Hi, I have the same issue. How did you solve this?
Thanks!

Yoana Ivanova
Estonia
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
try email or live chat Jul 4, 2020

Monica de la Colina wrote:

Thanks!

I think they monitor recent posts in the support section here because after I made this post, a Trados representative contacted me via email about it and merged my accounts. It's a quick fix.

Try shooting them an email at [email protected] or maybe even using the chat feature.

Monica de la Colina
Monica de la Colina
Local time: 08:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks! Jul 6, 2020

Thank you! I will try that.

Yoana Ivanova wrote:

Monica de la Colina wrote:

Thanks!

I think they monitor recent posts in the support section here because after I made this post, a Trados representative contacted me via email about it and merged my accounts. It's a quick fix.

Try shooting them an email at [email protected] or maybe even using the chat feature.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[SOLVED] Help: Merging two accounts - is it possible?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »