No matches found despite 100% matches in Main TM
Thread poster: Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Local time: 16:18
Member (2003)
German to English
Mar 1, 2019

Hi all, I believe this is an issue that has raised its head before in other iterations of Studio, but as far as I can tell has never been solved. I'm currently still using Studio 2015, simply because I found 2019 to be a bit buggy when I first used it.

So, I am currently translating the 5th file in a fairly large project and up popped a segment that was the precise same sentence I had translated last week in the first file. So I was pretty surprised to see 'No matches found' display
... See more
Hi all, I believe this is an issue that has raised its head before in other iterations of Studio, but as far as I can tell has never been solved. I'm currently still using Studio 2015, simply because I found 2019 to be a bit buggy when I first used it.

So, I am currently translating the 5th file in a fairly large project and up popped a segment that was the precise same sentence I had translated last week in the first file. So I was pretty surprised to see 'No matches found' displayed in the translation window...

Now, as a bit of background, I originally translated the first file as a standalone project because at that time, no other files had been announced. In other words, I set up the project as normal, translated the file with the normal Studio set-up, i.e., with a Main TM and (as I see it) irritating 'Project TM' thing that Studio automatically creates, and then translated the file. I cleaned up the file in the normal way, thus updating both the Project TM and Main TM.

Then the new files arrived and I created them as a new project for various reasons. The new project has the same name (the client's project code) as the old project. I set the project up as normal, i.e., with the Main TM and, once again, this irritating Project TM that Studio creates. Then suddenly this problem occurs as described above.

I opened the main TM in the Translation Memories view, and searched for the segment. It's definitely in the Main TM. However, in the project, Studio still says 'No matches found'. This happened for all subsequent segments that should have been 100% matches or high fuzzies. Really weird.

Anyway, I went back to the project settings, and tried adding the Project TM that was created in the first standalone project. Then I went back to the segments in question, and lo and behold, all the matches or high fuzzies appeared.

So my question is this: Why aren't these matches found in the Main TM? Why does Studio create these irritating project TMs that I don't need or want?

Thanks.
Collapse

Frank Zou
Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 23:18
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Bug? Mar 4, 2019

Looks like a bug, I've had the same experience.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No matches found despite 100% matches in Main TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »