Pricing policies on MT Extract for existing Studio users
Thread poster: Judith Pattinson
Judith Pattinson
Judith Pattinson  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:52
German to English
Mar 12, 2019

Hi all, trying to get hold of Multiterm Extract for Studio 2019 at a reasonable price (i.e. not EUR 400 less discount).

I recently upgraded to Studio 2019 (Freelance Plus), but have just realised that Multiterm Extract is included in the Ultimate package, which is currently being sold for EUR 969 (as compared to Freelance Plus at EUR 865).

Hence I wanted to upgrade to Ultimate, and get Multiterm Extract effectively for EUR 104.

However, because I am an exi
... See more
Hi all, trying to get hold of Multiterm Extract for Studio 2019 at a reasonable price (i.e. not EUR 400 less discount).

I recently upgraded to Studio 2019 (Freelance Plus), but have just realised that Multiterm Extract is included in the Ultimate package, which is currently being sold for EUR 969 (as compared to Freelance Plus at EUR 865).

Hence I wanted to upgrade to Ultimate, and get Multiterm Extract effectively for EUR 104.

However, because I am an existing customer (and have been since 2011) I cannot upgrade to the Ultimate package. According to the live chat operator, it is intended for new users.

Does this strike anyone else as unreasonable?

It certainly might explain why Multiterm Extract doesn't seem to have made much of an impact around the forums.

Has anyone paid the full price for MT Extract and found it to be worthwhile?

[Bearbeitet am 2019-03-12 07:53 GMT]
Collapse

DZiW (X)

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
CRM priority: old -vs- new customers Mar 12, 2019

While such nuances in marketing reveal who is really what and how much, I think it's absurd a company may position an expensive CAT tool as a mainstream suite for freelancers yet without proper terminology management--at our expense.

Of course, you can (1) register a full suite to a close/family member or (2) use free PlusTools or commercial solutions like Prompt Expert. However, for the price, I'd rather (3) consider MemoQ or DejaVu.

I'm l
... See more
While such nuances in marketing reveal who is really what and how much, I think it's absurd a company may position an expensive CAT tool as a mainstream suite for freelancers yet without proper terminology management--at our expense.

Of course, you can (1) register a full suite to a close/family member or (2) use free PlusTools or commercial solutions like Prompt Expert. However, for the price, I'd rather (3) consider MemoQ or DejaVu.

I'm looking to the time when translators are decent businessmen, assessing the biz risks and investments.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pricing policies on MT Extract for existing Studio users

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »