Opening many Xliff at once In Trados 2017 (cretaing a project)
Thread poster: Anne Savaris
Anne Savaris
Anne Savaris  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:49
Member (2016)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
Mar 12, 2019

Hi,

I've received a Zip.file with 20+ xliff files (and their related .doc) and I have to create a project in Trados 2017. How could I open a project including all of these files? I've been working with Trados since 2014 but I always use the Translation single document option or I receive a package. Could you give me a hand on this?

Thank you. Anne.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:49
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Anne Mar 12, 2019

Anne Savaris wrote:
I've received a Zip.file with 20+ xliff files (and their related .doc) and I have to create a project in Trados 2017. How could I open a project including all of these files? I've been working with Trados since 2014 but I always use the Translation single document option or I receive a package.

In Trados, go File > New > New Project. During the process of creating a new project, you will be prompted to add your source files. I believe you should add the XLIFF files, not the DOC files. The new project will then appear on your project list, and the project files will be saved somewhere logical.

To view all files at once, open the project by double-clicking it in the project list, then make sure "View subfolders" is ticked in the Files pane on the left, and then select all the files in the file list, right-click, and select "Open for Translation".

Added: when you say "XLIFF files", do you mean SDLXLIFF files?

[Edited at 2019-03-12 10:41 GMT]

Anne Savaris
Anne Savaris  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:49
Member (2016)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
They are zipped SDLXLIFF files. Mar 12, 2019

Thank you, Samuel.

Yes they are SDLXLIFF files. You're instructions were useful and I've managed to do it. Thanks again. Anne.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening many Xliff at once In Trados 2017 (cretaing a project)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »