Thread poster: Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 16:45
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Mar 27, 2019

"Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started."

I just started getting this error today, I cannot start Trados Studio 2019, the problem wasn't there yesterday, MultiTerm works fine.

I really need to get it working as quickly as possible and would rather not have to re-install everything, if there is a fix for it.

I found a reference to this problem, saying to re-install 2010_vcredist_x86.exe, that did nothing
... See more
"Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started."

I just started getting this error today, I cannot start Trados Studio 2019, the problem wasn't there yesterday, MultiTerm works fine.

I really need to get it working as quickly as possible and would rather not have to re-install everything, if there is a fix for it.

I found a reference to this problem, saying to re-install 2010_vcredist_x86.exe, that did nothing.

Thank you in advance for any tips, tricks and suggestions.

[Edited at 2019-03-27 17:22 GMT]
Collapse

Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 16:45
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RAM Mar 27, 2019

After a round of wild guesses the problem somehow seems to have been a faulty RAM module.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »