Is it possible to make changes to more than one opened files simultaneously?
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 01:00
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 30, 2019

Hello experts,

I have received a project from one of my regular clients and it consists of two xliff files. The client wants me to make certain changes for quality assurance:

Non-consistent target
Same English, different translations.

Non-consistent source
Different English, same translation. Most obvious those errors are caused by inattentive fuzzy processing.

Non-translatable terms
Software names have been tr
... See more
Hello experts,

I have received a project from one of my regular clients and it consists of two xliff files. The client wants me to make certain changes for quality assurance:

Non-consistent target
Same English, different translations.

Non-consistent source
Different English, same translation. Most obvious those errors are caused by inattentive fuzzy processing.

Non-translatable terms
Software names have been translated which must have been kept as it is.

These changes may be carried out by using the Find and Replace Command but I'll have to repeat the same process for the other file also which will kill time. Is there any method to make the same changes to both files simultaneously by opening them at the same time?

Thanks and regards,

Chopra
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:30
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
External Review Mar 30, 2019

I would export the files to Word and past the table of the second file after the first, make the changes in Word (Word is better for this task than Studio) and thereafter copy the second table back. Then I would import from external review.

Rajan Chopra

Roy Chacón
Roy Chacón  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 14:30
English to Spanish
Open the 2 files Mar 30, 2019

Just select the 2 files in the "Files" view and right clic to select "Open for translation" or "Open for review".

Yoana Ivanova
Rajan Chopra
Darius Sciuka

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 01:00
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the good advice Mar 31, 2019

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I would export the files to Word and past the table of the second file after the first, make the changes in Word (Word is better for this task than Studio) and thereafter copy the second table back. Then I would import from external review.

Thanks so much for suggesting a solution. There is another leading CAT tool which has the feature of making such changes to all opened files which is a very useful and time saving feature. I thnk that SDL Trados, which is the indisputable leader in CAT tools, should incorporate this feature in the next version.

Regards,

Chopra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to make changes to more than one opened files simultaneously?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »