Why do I get An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version in SDL Trados Studio 2019?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 07:14
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 13, 2019

I tried opening a Studio project file now in my SDL Trados Studio 2019, but received this error message:

An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version.

Should I use another version of SDL Trados Studio? I put the XLIFF file in a folder I labelled sv-SE and the SDLXLIFF file in a folder I labelled en-US.

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 07:14
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Import default project template from previous installation? Apr 13, 2019

Perhaps the solution to this problem could be to delete the current default project template for Studio 2019 and import the one for Studio 2017:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/16768/an-error-ocurred-while-trying-to-determine-the-file-version... See more
Perhaps the solution to this problem could be to delete the current default project template for Studio 2019 and import the one for Studio 2017:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/16768/an-error-ocurred-while-trying-to-determine-the-file-version

Although in my case it's about opening an existing project, not about creating a new. And when I check in my settings, there is only one default project template displayed.
Collapse

Neil Cross
Neil Cross
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:14
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
"An error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version" Sep 7, 2020

I had the same problem with SDL Trados Studio 2019.

It turned out I could resolve it by simply closing the program and restarting it!

A classic example of "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I get An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version in SDL Trados Studio 2019?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »