Thread poster: María Laura Suárez
María Laura Suárez
María Laura Suárez
Argentina
Local time: 07:15
English to Spanish
May 5, 2019

Hello & happy Sunday!

I received a Trados package, I use 2015. On trying to import the package, Trados informs that the filename and/or route are too long and won't let me continue. I tried selecting another folder - with a shorter route, less than the limit mentioned in the pop up - but the same message keeps on popping up. I don't dare changing the package name as I'm not sure whether that would hinder me from exporting it later on.

Any tricks or suggestions?
... See more
Hello & happy Sunday!

I received a Trados package, I use 2015. On trying to import the package, Trados informs that the filename and/or route are too long and won't let me continue. I tried selecting another folder - with a shorter route, less than the limit mentioned in the pop up - but the same message keeps on popping up. I don't dare changing the package name as I'm not sure whether that would hinder me from exporting it later on.

Any tricks or suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance.

Laura
Collapse

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 12:15
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
ZIP May 6, 2019

Hi Laura,
Try this:
Change the file type of the package from "sdlppx" to "Zip"
Open the zip file and save the folders therein.
Now find the file to translate and translate it under "Translate Single Document".
This will solve your problem.
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 import package

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »