Rahaf ziad
Rahaf ziad  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 09:41
Arabic to English
+ ...
May 8, 2019

Hello,

It has been a while since the last time I used SDL trados.

I cannot remember which buttons i used to click on in order to send the file to be reviewed by the recipient.
all I remember that it was in the banner and a matter of two clicks.
and then it will go to export files.
they should receive it as.sdlxliff

Could anyone remind me how.
when i google the question, the result is frustrating.

Yoana Ivanova
Yoana Ivanova  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 08:41
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Export May 8, 2019

Konbaz wrote:

Hello,

I cannot remember which buttons i used to click on in order to send the file to be reviewed by the recipient.

It should be in the Projects view - > Batch tasks -> Export files, and then when you click next, you choose "latest bilingual version".

I'm using Trados 2019, if our versions are not the same, there might be some differences, but that should be the gist of it.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 07:41
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Send the sdlxliff file for the target language May 8, 2019

If you want to send an sdlxliff file for review, there is nothing to export, since that is the internal project file format of Studio. So you would just go to the target language format of your project and collect the sdlxliff file there.

For instance: My language combination is English to Norwegian. I would then go do
\Studio\nb-NO
and collect the files there:
EN_XXXX.docx.sdlxliff

When you receive the reviewed file back, you just replace the sdlxli
... See more
If you want to send an sdlxliff file for review, there is nothing to export, since that is the internal project file format of Studio. So you would just go to the target language format of your project and collect the sdlxliff file there.

For instance: My language combination is English to Norwegian. I would then go do
\Studio\nb-NO
and collect the files there:
EN_XXXX.docx.sdlxliff

When you receive the reviewed file back, you just replace the sdlxliff file in the target language folder (in my case the nb-NO folder) and you are set.

There is a button for bilingual export in Studio though: Open the file in the Editor window, and choose Review > Export for external review on the ribbon.
In this instance you get a Word file with a table where source and target appears. This can be an advantage, as it is not dependent on the reviewer having a CAT tool or not.
When you receive the reviewed file, you would have to import it using the Review > Update from bilingual review in the same window.

Roy
Collapse

Rahaf ziad
Rahaf ziad  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 09:41
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:( May 8, 2019

i tried your suggestion.

i don't think it is this one i used to do coz i couldn't find the file in the export file

Yoana Ivanova wrote:

Konbaz wrote:

Hello,

It should be in the Projects view - > Batch tasks -> Export files, and then when you click next, you choose "latest bilingual version".

I'm using Trados 2019, if our versions are not the same, there might be some differences, but that should be the gist of it.

[Edited at 2019-05-08 16:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

send a file for review

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »