Maria Danielson
Maria Danielson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:09
Dutch to English
+ ...
May 16, 2019

Hi,

I have a problem that is suddenly occurring where my cursor doesn't move to the next segment when I press CTRL+Enter. I searched the SDL community forums and tried the solutions suggested there with no luck (unplugged mouse, checked hidden folders). My computer did perform some updates when I turned it on this morning. Could the update be interfering with my functionality?

Thanks,
Maria

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:09
Member (2005)
French to English
Using GroupShare or an on-line TM? May 16, 2019

If an on-line element is involved, there may be quite a long lag before the "other end" responds. This pause, if not protracted, allows me to snatch a quick drink to free my voice for dictating the next segment or two.

I hope this may help.

With kind regards,

Adam Warren (IanDhu - translator 41189)

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Alt and number plus - an afterthought May 16, 2019

In Translate mode, Alt + number plus confirms the current segment and moves to the next unconfirmed segment. Ctrl, Alt and Enter confirms, and simply moves to the next segment, whatever its state.

I hope that's a bit more helpful.

With kind regards.

Ikram Mahyuddin
Ikram Mahyuddin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:09
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Closing the file and trying again may help May 18, 2019

With my 2015, sometimes I just closed the file and tried it again and it worked.

Naoko Orito

Mike Roebuck
Mike Roebuck  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:09
German to English
+ ...
Look at your settings May 20, 2019

I had the same problem with Studio 2019, but when I went through the settings, I found that you can set which keys you want to use to confirm segments. I set mine at Ctrl+enter and it works perfectly.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Hijacked shortcut, perhaps? May 21, 2019

Maria Danielson wrote:
My computer did perform some updates when I turned it on this morning. Could the update be interfering with my functionality?

It may be that Ctrl+Enter is a shortcut for one of the programs or utilities that got updated, and so it hijacked the shortcut back from Trados. Test whether this is so, by opening a Word file and pressing Ctrl+Enter: does the shortcut work in MS Word the way it should? (It should insert a page break.) If it does, then it is less likely that you're dealing with a hijacked shortcut.

If this is the case, and you can figure out which other tool uses Ctrl+Enter, you can go to that tool's settings and disable it. Or you can try what Mike suggested: sometimes going into your preferred tool's settings, temporarily set something else (then OK or Apply) and then setting it back to your preferred setting (then OK or Apply) may cause your preferred program to hijack the shortcut back again.

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Bug? May 21, 2019

I notice a similar behaviour when using "go to next fuzzy match". The cursor just won't budge. When I manually click on the segment before and hit the key combination "go to next fuzzy match" from there, the problem vanishes. Maybe this works for you as well?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cursor not moving to next segment in Studio 2019 after CTRL+Enter

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »