Thread poster: Matthew Dykes
Matthew Dykes
Matthew Dykes
Luxembourg
Local time: 04:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 13, 2019

I'm having a problem when autopropagate is activated, it's a bit hard to describe but here goes:

I am reviewing a document. There are two identical segments, segment 1 and segment 2. I approve segment 1 (Translation Approved) and go on to segment 2. Segment 2 automatically gets approved but the status of segment 1 automatically reverts to Translated.

Is there some sort of setting I have wrong?

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Problems when autopropagate is activated Jun 13, 2019

Matthew Dykes wrote:

I'm having a problem when autopropagate is activated, it's a bit hard to describe but here goes:

I am reviewing a document. There are two identical segments, segment 1 and segment 2. I approve segment 1 (Translation Approved) and go on to segment 2. Segment 2 automatically gets approved but the status of segment 1 automatically reverts to Translated.

Is there some sort of setting I have wrong?

Try setting Autopropagate forward only.

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
using Autopropogate Jun 13, 2019

I'd be very careful using Autopropogate as it can screw up a good translation.
Not sure about using it in forward mode only as I've never used it since it came out and I realised how it inserts things it thinks are right but may actually not be.
Some of my clients have sent out a warning to all the people they work with not to use it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems when autopropagate is activated

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »